Sherman at Catterick

rnixartillery

Stumbled across this the other day ,cant have been there long. Quite surprised they have a Sherman as a gate guard generally use the not so interesting or valuable vehicles !

Rob......................rnixartillery.

LD have just moved up from Previous locstat, came up with them

There is a Sherman outside 3 Div HQ Picton Barracks Bulford and another outside RTR HQ Tidworth nether can be seen from outside the barracks.

There was another Sherman painted sand colour at the now closed Erskin Barracks Salsbury .HQ land forces went to Andover but I am sure the Sherman is not there.

There is a Sherman outside 3 Div HQ Picton Barracks Bulford and another outside RTR HQ Tidworth nether can be seen from outside the barracks.

Please see attached images of the Sherman outside 3 Div HQ as of April this year. I can confirm it still has an engine, or at least a large rust-coloured metal lump in the engine bay, as the rear doors are partially open.

The HQ also used to have a Russian Zis-3 76mm field gun (donated by the Afghan MoD in 2002) outside, however it had been removed shortly before I left, possibly for cosmetic restoration as it was looking a little sorry for itself.

2015-04-02 14.26.34.jpg

2015-04-02 15.21.09.jpg

2015-04-02 15.21.21.jpg

2015-04-02 15.21.37.jpg

• 1 month later...