BEDFORD TM 4-4 (8 TON)

simon stolly

Nice Pics Si!!

Great weekend at Kemble although Weather a bit wet!!!!

TM is ace, ive never rated bedfords b4 really thought they were naf! but having a go in your TM really changed my mind! its ace! but i think TM are the exception! god it moves!!

excellent!! :yay:

PLEASE GOD COULD WE HAVE SOME SUNSHINE FOR BELTRING????!!!!!

Love the user name!! very apt!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

As M.C. says we all made it down to Kemble for a great weekend (if a bit wet)

It was the first run of any distance, that I have done in the TM and it drives great, :banana: and apart from some comedy windscreen wipers (spun on the spline and started wiping the grill!) no mishaps.

Also on its maiden voyage was Grumpy's Militant, which we have just spayed NATO over the horrible yellow that it came in. The Milly ran great and looked the biz going down the road, especially when it got a bit sideways going around a flooded island a bit too fast :whistle:

On the way back we had a right old convoy going on, with Graham's Militant taking lead, followed by Grumpy's, me with the TM and the Mog on the back, followed by big Dave in his Leyland Daff with Paul's 110 armoured Shoreland on the back and a Brockhouse living trailer behind.

Roll on Beltring!! Did anyone take any photos???

It sounds like you all had a good run down. We started to head down in the Fox on Friday night. We made it to Warwick before the fan belt decided it'd had enough. I was following behind and spotted fluid dripping from the back, and got my Dad in the Fox to pull over. We'd boiled the coolant, but when cold it started and ran fine, so hopefully nothing more major. I did have a spare belt, but it was getting dark and everything was bloody hot (and heavy) so we used Roadsure to get back home. £54 well spent, we'd only renewed the cover that morning!

Chris

Hello MC!

go in your TM really changed my mind!

Looks like it might not be around for long as Si has been lured to the Militant way and has his eye on a Mk3! :-D

Wish someone got a picture of Grumpy and Dave playing wacky racers up the hill on the way home!

Do you need a HGV licence for that??????

Not by the letter of the law but it'd probably be a good idea to have one.

Good to meet you too Simon, and the others of course.

We were both very impressed with how well-built the TM is and what good condition yours is in.

I think you do??? not sure but pre 1960 is exempt and after is down to lgv etc i thought?? not sure but i always thought it was reqired for post 1960?? im sure there are people who know more Mili Graham will know and im sure he told me!

I thought recovery vehicles were exempt from class C license but can't find it now so I must've been thinking of the testing reg's.

- Mike

Only if it has an unladen weight not exceeding 3.05 tonnes, above that and normal license restrictions apply

• 4 weeks later...

sorted the gear change, some Muppet had locked a couple of linkage bolts up!! :argh:

Its now sooooo much better :banana: :banana:

PS anybody thinking of off roading a TM think again, they are SH***, 5mph on a empty on a field WILL have your teeth drop out!!!! :shake:

apart from that they are a top truck and great on the road :tup:

• 4 weeks later...

what are the 'handle bars' on the roof,....for ??

Bucking Bedford rodeo riding of course :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No really its the GPMG gun mount/ring, the sticky out bits are springs to counter balance the weight of the gun

You only parked it up there to stop us watering the wheel nuts. :-D

Still didn't stop you trying! :argh:

Bucking Bedford rodeo riding of course :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No really its the GPMG gun mount/ring, the sticky out bits are springs to counter balance the weight of the gun

Still didn't stop you trying! :argh:

:naughty: :naughty: :rofl:

Cheers for the explanation, mate. :-)