New toy- Landy Ambulance

Rick W

At last the money that has been burning a hole in my pocket has burnt through and down my trouser leg! Not quite as old as I would like vehicle-wise, but Im working on that! Landrover ambulance with papers, unregistered as yet, but it shouldnt be a problem. Needs outriggers and a few other bits and pieces and a general tidy up. But it was as cheap as chips, and seemed to good to miss.

width=400 height=264http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o72/rik242_2006/landy.jpg[/img]

:-) use to own one of these,......really comfy, (certainly compaired to 'normal' landy ;-))

Just go VERY carefull on side slopes, when off road............... :shake:

P.S, the heat do build up in the cab, somewhat, as well.......... :whistle:

Enjoy...............

Andy

I suppose the term comfort when applied to Landrovers means- Yes you can sleep in the back and stretch out.

Waiting for delivery of the big green shoebox, coming down from York today, I hope its not too bad, I know its gonna need outriggers, so if anyone has a contact I would be grateful, Im not well up on LR suppliers.

Took delivery of it today, I cant believe what a good buy it was. Had it up on the ramp for an MOT corrosion inspection and the under side is as solid as the day it was made. All it will need for an MOT is a brake master cylinder and a couple of front indicators! Everything else is fine, never been out of the yard since it was released! Just got to get it verified to register it, put the master cylinder on it, MOT it and we'll be ready for the road. Paintwork is all flaking off anyway revealing its various paint jobs!

Im a very happy bunny!! :-D

Thanks for the leads, especially landroverorphanage. Im trying to find the pair of blue lights which fit in the bumper if anyones watching! Also drivers/owners manual on cd. I need to do a bit of dash rewiring and theres a few knobs which are unknown to me, and I cant find the blue flashy light button for the roof!

Hi Rick

I drove one down from Yorkshire to Cornwall last year and then this year i drove one from Kent to Cornwall !!!!!!!

Num Bum and sore legs !!! or what.

you could try P A Blanchards for spares (not the cheapest by any means but they do have 100 or so Ambulances outside !

Ian

Cornwall

Hi, Ian,

Its not very nimble to say the least! It originally got sold by P A Blanchard when it got demobbed. I see they have one up for sale there at £2950 + VAT. I didnt pay anything like that, so if I can sell it in the future at somewhere near there I shall be more than happy. :-D

That is a general advert to cover any that they sell

Personaly i would not get one from them again,

For the price my friends paid i would have expected a much better item(painted and a bit more work done to it)

It looked much the same as yours but was over 2k (registersd and with MOT

Ian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Rick, not really, ask your local office anout it and come up with a reason. Mine stands casualty transport at Military , off road and Equine events, she can get in where the average St John's or county vehicle can't. The important bit is the vehicle must be kitted with stretchers and first aid medical kit. Most of the time I work with two paramedic friends who supply the skill.