registration for a ferret

tankdiver

I am restoring another ferret but there is no army registration number . It does have a number 1 377 4 58 where the data plate should be

I have tried the tank museum they only deal with vehicle registrations and I asked if they would let me do some research but they will not let me look at the cards.

I have been told that the first number is the contract number the 4 is the month and the 58 is the year

Pat Ware book does not list this contract number so I am finding it a little hard to find this vehicle can anyone point me in a direction to go I am wanting o get a civilan registration and to find its history

You are struggling with the problem of provenance that I have challenged many people to share their data but no one has yet to date.

The link between that small plate tack welded to the hull and then covered with the larger bolt on data plate is non existent in the public domain thus far.

Once we do see that connection made and the number shown we will I really suspect find some vehicles that have the wrong army numbers.

Until that day we exist in a vacuum

Robin

Thanks Robin for the reply

I know Withams take the army number off the vehicles now and this causes a problem with civilian registration

I may just send the small data plate number and engine number to DVLA and hope to get registration for it

I may have found a very faint part registration number but the contract number is different to the small welded plate

sorting out the mechanics and body on the vehicles is more satisfying

• 7 months later...

it is all registed with the DVLA now and I am in the middle of an extensive restoration .I have got the engine running new distributor cap,plugs leads condenser, manufactured exhaust and manifold brakes sorted all new front and rear copper pipes cylinders stripped and free internals ,stripped out fuel tank cleaned and now free of gum now to stating on the electrics and body + re manufactured bins and cast a data plate for this new one . Winter project. thanks for advice for registration

• 1 month later...
it is all registed with the DVLA now and I am in the middle of an extensive restoration .I have got the engine running new distributor cap,plugs leads condenser, manufactured exhaust and manifold brakes sorted all new front and rear copper pipes cylinders stripped and free internals ,stripped out fuel tank cleaned and now free of gum now to stating on the electrics and body + re manufactured bins and cast a data plate for this new one . Winter project. thanks for advice for registration

I hope all is going well with your restoration.....It is always exciting to see another Ferret owner take such interest...the very best to you....

Any resto photos in the blog section (or anywhere else)? Be nice to see, I'd considered a ferret before buying the Mili.

Regards,