Hi all from wet Wales

woodbasher

My names Malcolm,Moved here after retiring from a stressfull job down South but still ploding along on a steam railway in N wales ,one of my other interests.I`m Very interested in Churchill Tanks as my father in law was a Tech sargent on them and kept telling stories,so I got interested.The reason I have now joined is that one of the volunteers has bought a Matador that was used near here for logging and has asked me to help restore it.What better place to join with all the knowledge on here.

Welcome to the forum, lots of Matador knowledge on here. Having said that a top Matador guru still operates Matadors in N.Wales and is always willing to dispense his knowledge and opinions on this (and many other) subjects:D If you want his details drop me a PM.

• 4 weeks later...
Welcome to the forum, lots of Matador knowledge on here. Having said that a top Matador guru still operates Matadors in N.Wales and is always willing to dispense his knowledge and opinions on this (and many other) subjects:D If you want his details drop me a PM.

Hi Degsy thanks for the welcome and sorry its taken so long to reply,work is taking up a lot of time lately .Would be glad if you could give me details, We`re located in Llangollen. Just sorting out some pics of our project so everyone can see what we got to play with.

regards Malc

• 1 month later...

Hello I saw your article in the Evening Leader and know where you have had the Matador from - Wynnstay sawmills were also near Llangollen and have a Matador that is still in use but needs some cab refurbishment. I don't like to put a dampener on things but I don't think its a WW2 production Mat you have more late 40's early 50's its definitely not a 1940 model you will see pictures of the early Weinmann cab mostly petrol engined early production Matadors here. I believe your trying to find a Dynamo is yours missing?