What to buy advice needed

paulob1

workshop or your house

remember !!!

build a FINNISH sauna !!!!

after a hard day at workshop or cold day in the field ...... you will never regret

pekka

:goodidea:

okay Chieftain done..will collect in January..

making an offer on land today..if accepted I will be then applying for planning permission for a 70 x 30m 21,000 square feet floor area. A Building with three floors, first floor for the real heavies, second floor for the smaller vehicles cars and things, the top floor for living accommodation, for the library...and for other non essentials.

I will use a log cabin as a separate building for a coffee shop...

it will be heated by geo thermal heating, old oil burners and log fires plus it will be covered in solar panels, the walls will be insulated with something, not entirely sure what just yet but am thinking hay bales, it will have roller shutter doors on all sides have a large covered area outside for some machines to live outside but under cover...

plus I want to get planning for a house on the land for me to live with the museum and the Animals. It already has a large barn that will be the workshop. I am going to rig that out for restoration work

am on the search for a MAZ and agree totally on your input, I will have littered all over the museum tanks to play in on and around and guns that move and can be played with...will have special firing ranges built too to allow people to fire real weapons subject to permissions and things but that will cost the punters dear...would like to have a gun that fires also but unlikely that ambition will be met easily, neighbours fretting about noise and all that...

I am totally not interested in nut and bolt restorations...unless someone else is paying us to do it...Andy my chief mechanic is a total perfectionist but for the museum i like real, as they are collected...as they were used as they became etc...

Sounds very grand but an insurance and h+s nightmare, is this a profit making venture or simply to let the public see your vehicles.

Sounds very grand but an insurance and h+s nightmare, is this a profit making venture or simply to let the public see your vehicles.

without profit means it wont last, it has to make/generate money...and that means bringing in families for days out. But with finite resources it will always be a difficult juggling match between, adding something new and interesting with paying the monthly bills...

as I see it the priority 1 is get the place first..that is going to take me a bit of time I suspect. I thought I had it fixed last week but the financial risk is massive and I am not a particularly big risk taker so am re looking at the plans...

the problem with waiting is that things just get more expensive...

Paul, your enthusiasm and plans are a pleasure to read, good luck in your venture, I'm sure the local green machine team will be up for a jolly to your place when open.

And its input like that that just spurs me on still further...I will always be dedicated to the museum and the pursuit of facts, figures information anything to do with the period..

offer made on land may soon have the location for the museum...am getting very very excited...still going to be a very difficult year setting up and getting ready, we will have no spare money so stage 1 will be get the land get a building up to start showing a few vehicles with a bit of intel...

then as we get into it I will add the various bits and spend all my spare cash on getting the musuem to where I want it to be an all day extravaganza...will take me a few years but stage 1 is started...