New to MVs

bobfett

Bit of a lurker finally joined up.

Currently I'm the owner of a 1954 AJS 16MS motorbike and a 1949 TEA-20 that I'm finally pushing the restoration of after a very long break for multiple reasons. The Fergie is in rather a sorry state cosmetically but I think underneath it's a generally sound vehicle. Very optimistic schedule is to have it running by the new year, presuming I don't open the sump and find horror (I suspect heavy neglect from the PO given what we found when we opened the gearbox- combination of water and what looked like hydraulic fluid :shocked: ).

Anyway, on the MV side of things I've been loosely interested since being a member of the local cadet force who had a (long since carted away) ferret stashed in the corner of their parade ground. Allegedly it was carted off to be sectioned but from some recent info that seems a very unlikely story indeed.

Restarting the work on the Fergie has spurned me to look at acquiring a project Ferret, sod me the prices have shot up! Guess everyone wants one!

So, briefly, I'm on the lookout for a Ferret that needs some TLC. Not convinced there's that many out there anymore in that sort of state- no shortage of 15 grand ones though. :undecided:

Alternatives considered have been/are Dingo (even rarer/more £££?), BRDM-2 (not too keen on Russian stuff I have to admit and perhaps a little large), Fox (see Dingo) and in moments of lunacy something like an FV432 or CVRT (a Very Bad Idea I think!).

Lurking on this forum has seen me pick up some good hints/tips. Guess I'll be a fairly light poster until I find something.

Edited by bobfett

Welcome. I noticed in one of your other posts that you are in Gloucestershire. Whereabouts in Gloucestershire are you? Myself and a friend have a couple of vehicles and always happy to help out any other made owners in the area.

Ed