One for the USAAF types!

Bodge Deep

Hi Steve, it lives at my mum and dads (nr kendal, lake district)

but my inlaws live just up the road from Thorpe Abbots

& I've seen quite a few pictures of dodges at Thorpe Abbots so i thought i'd have a go. Gotta say i'm quite please with the way its come out

I've been offered a stripped out 1970's office trailer that'd be ideal behind it as a flight control trailer (I've even found a plexiglass dome to go in the lid!) but it may be a bit big to cart around... :dunno:

Looks better with the lid off but the weather was closing in last night :-(

Not too bad... :shake:

I decided to adopt a 'low tech' approach as its probably what they did back then

Painted white first (just hood, bumper, wings, lights running boards rear body)

Then started out with a 7 1/2 inch cardboard square & a pencil!

Took the front edge of the bonnet as a 'true' then worked backwards to the screen, then out to the sides. A bit fiddly going down the sides of the hood as they can't be true squares as they go wonky over the radius of the curve so I made a hinge seam a horizontal line & worked to that. The back of the body was relatively straightforward (apart from the reflector recesses) as its mostly flat. But all done by hand so snow blindness and RSI were the order of the day :nut: