Solid tyred chassis for identification.

lynx42 Rick Cove

I have just been sent these photos of a very solid truck chassis. I do not know what it is so over to you experts. (I'll keep looking too.)

The chassis may have been bobbed at the rear for a tipper body. There is a name on one of the 5 spoked front wheels and a manufacturers mark on the rear spring hanger, the rear springs are slippers at the rear hanger. The diff may give a clue.

Thanks Looking forward to your replies.

Regards Rick.

old truck 001a.jpg

old truck 002a.jpg

old truck 002b.JPG

old truck 003a.jpg

I will support Mikes ID as a White of the early to mid 1920's.

The position and shape of the front spring mounts show the White pattern and the rear spring mounts are a characteristic shape for Whites of that time. It is a heavier weight truck as Mike has described.

Dayton produced axles and wheels for a great number of different U.S. truck manufacturers.

Doug

Thanks everyone for your import.

It is certainly a White. Here is a scan from "The Bible" The Observer's Army Vehicle Directory to 1940, (Bart H. Vanderveen). Check out the front spring hangers and the front cross member behind the brush guard.

It is currently in a scrapyard but i have passed on your information to the chap who contacted me and he will now go and save it for the future.

Thanks again,

Rick.

scan0202.jpg

hi rick, I knew a guy in Victoria who was looking for white front wheels same as on that chassis, lost contact with him though over the years, shame because he was contemplating getting me to try and remove the wheels of this white chassis I found in the bush some years back, its the same model I think, and someone added xtra traction aids to the rears, I was told the winch on the back was for pulling logs out of steep gullies, doug knows of this chassis too,

mike.white at waihi sept 08 049.jpgp.s this pic has been on the forum previously.

It is currently in a scrapyard but i have passed on your information to the chap who contacted me and he will now go and save it for the future.

Well, unfortunately that is not now going to happen. The chassis is available at Thommos Scrapyard in Wangaratta Victoria Australia if anyone is interested. It is too good to be turned into KIAs or something similar.

I can get the yards phone number if anyone is interested. Blastermike, try to remember who it was and maybe something might be arranged.

Regards Rick.