New canvas for the GMC....!

Jack

So the has come – time to say goodbye to a dear and well travelled friend of mine – yes, the PINK CUSHION.

Why I hear you cry. Surely, anything but the cushion – it is a legend! A legend it may will be but there comes a time in a mans life when he has to move on…..this is that time.

I had to make room as I had, wait for it, some new cab seats and new rear canvas coming. So you see, I had no choice but to retire the cushion.

Anyway, went up to see Jim and Martyn of Allied Forces and this was the result:

Before ( please make note of the cushion – he was catching some rays, sadly, he didn’t know that this was his last day.

Cushionandcanvas.jpg

Canvas off

canvasoff.jpg

Rolling canvas out

layingcanvas.jpg

Canvas on – just needs for the creases to drop and bingo.

canvasfitted2.jpg

canvasfitted.jpg

fitted3.jpg

cargo.jpg

And what we have all been waiting for – THE PROPER GROWN UP SEATS!

seats2.jpg

seats1-1.jpg

I am so pleased with both the seats and the canvas. Allied Forces made the depth of the seats 5.5” and it perfect height for me and flipping comfortable. The workmanship is second to none and having watched them make it all I can’t rate them highly enough.

Plus the fact that both Martyn and Jim are great company to be in – I like eccentric people and their workshop is like an Aladdin’s cave….kept Jess and I busy looking and playing with things ( sorry for leaving the 30 cal out)

And nice scenery up there….

BumviewAF-1.jpg

This is the wrong place to go if you have the slightest thoughts of owning a tank one day….these guys will enthuse so much that you will tip over the edge – these guys have and know how to have fun.

…..not sure what a full bottle of Whisky is doing in the cabinet though??

• 1 year later...
.......bar grips are for girls!

No no no, you are wrong ...........

It takes a MAN in a MAN's Truck ( only applies to soft cab GMC's ) to dive it properly with bar grips on :cool2:

It's just you need to accept that if you drive too fast the tyres will slide, drive to the conditions if its wet you slow down so the wipers work :) and you can then see and also the truck will go round corners.......

:shake: :shocked:

He He...