Is there anybody at W@P yet

sim60

no 109 ex raf on the show :cry: on the M62 the engine seized just two day's before we leave.

i do have a ex mil 88s3 with most of the dash out, full roll cage fitted and black outside with blue inside...

i think i get something peace time this year, a quick fix but i don't want to miss out on the show!

cheers, Arjan

after a engine that threw a conrod,fitted a other engine.. next two oil lines blew, now that is f*cked as another oil leak bled the sump dry...

i feel defeated ... gutted.

the wife feels heart broken and frustrated, the only adapted car she could drive and she hates being dependent on others to get about.

2,25 petrol parts welcome..

Wayne there was snap sound from the off side. Happened crossing a main road changing up into second. Was a bit worried getting on site in torrential rain in a 4x2. Tried jacking on wood but kept sinking. OS is the shorter shaft which figures.

Trouble is this axle is ENV which is rare these days. Going to see Philip on Dunsfold stall to see what he has back at base. He's about my only hope.

Nice and sunny now everything drying out :-D

Wayne there was snap sound from the off side. Happened crossing a main road changing up into second. Was a bit worried getting on site in torrential rain in a 4x2. Tried jacking on wood but kept sinking. OS is the shorter shaft which figures.

Trouble is this axle is ENV which is rare these days. Going to see Philip on Dunsfold stall to see what he has back at base. He's about my only hope.

Nice and sunny now everything drying out :-D

I hope he can help you Clive. Enjoy the sunshine and wish I was there :embarrassed: instead of work!

Some six cylinder 109's had them, one tonne the most to pull the 9.00x16 wheels.

well, i am at the show, i got my welding gear from the 1960's and got the parts i think i need to do the electric repairs.

ps, i got my pliers to crimp on terminal ends on 50mm2 cable... If someone needs to use it ,

Give a shout.

The 1Ton chassis was introduced in 1968. Mine was built on a 1965 2A merely with a 4 cylinder unlike the 1Ton with a 6 clinder. My chassis is reinforced and a forerunner of the later chassis. The ENV axles were considered stronger. Yes I know mine has failed. But gritineye Bernard diagnosed that the bearings have failed thus overloading the haft shaft at the splines.

So Philip Dunsfold hopes to have a new shaft and bearings up here tomorrow. I'm very grateful to the many for their help and advice. Particularly Philip and Tootallmike. Maybe be this time tomorrow I'll have a 4x4 again. In the meantime I'm still available with full range electrical novelties and test equipment to do my bit to help those with ignition problems.

Clive, out of interest what does ENV stand for regarding half shafts. Are yours so very different from a normal Series Land Rover?

Company founded 1910 in Willesden making aeroplane components, ended up making axles and transmissions for commercial vehicles with factories also in Manchester and County Durham. I've never seen it referred to as anything but E.N.V. so no idea if it stands for anything - perhaps the founders' initials?

About 30ft away from a very tall Dutch erection with two corner reflectors and a Dutch flag in H Jones field

I saw a lot of tall blokes but I think this is Clive's "Dutch Erection" :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]94487[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]94488[/ATTACH]

Well the rain reduced the hay fever somewhat which made life much more pleasant.

In postscript to my disaster I would like to thank a number of people.

DSC07510 (Large).JPG

TootallMike & his chum for removing my drive flanges & identifying the failed shaft.

Gritineye for spotting a small piece of metal debris within the end cap. The worry was that this debris may have been part of the casing for the roller bearings, so new bearings were ordered.

Philip of Dunsfold was superb in getting a bearing kit & half shaft sent up from his stores that arrived the next day. Truly a remarkable service at a modest price considering the current market cost & an on site delivery. Some dealers might have been able to tempted to exploit my predicament, but Philip was as always genuinely helpful.

Richard Moyes camped next to me pressed on with the repair & with help from Colin Voss effected the replacement of the half shaft. Not easy because the diff end of shaft cannot be pulled through as it is too wide. So the shaft have to be exchanged from the other end as it were.

The bearings were found to be in good condition. Examination of the washer tab showed that not only had it been used before, but the debris had come from a folded over piece that had failed. Allowing the hub nuts to start to undo, which I assume was the straw that broke the camel's back.

DSC07512 (Large).JPG