6LW Gardner.

ace1

Question

Hi All.

After my broken pushrod incident, now sorted thanks to Ed:-D, someone said that the water pump getting tight could cause this.

Is there any way a fault with the pump could cause this?:readbook:

Kind regards. Alan.

6 answers to this question

Hi Chaps.

This must be a difficult question,:wow: either it is complete flannel, or there is loads of great minds looking at books, without finding the answer.:D Looking at the drawings for the 6LW, if the water pump seized it would strip the gear on the drive shaft, or twist the shaft itself. That is my opinion anyway.

If there is more opinions out there please share.:tup::

Regards. Alan.

Hi Chaps.

This must be a difficult question,:wow: either it is complete flannel, or there is loads of great minds looking at books, without finding the answer.:D Looking at the drawings for the 6LW, if the water pump seized it would strip the gear on the drive shaft, or twist the shaft itself. That is my opinion anyway.

If there is more opinions out there please share.:tup::

Regards. Alan.

Ah, I did wonder if the water was gear driven or something, as I did wonder what might make it tight.

So the big question is - how is the water pump feeling?

trevor

It feels ok, but I don't have another to compare it to.

Went to Tangmere aircraft museum last Sunday, there was no unusual noises coming from the pump, and the rad was warm all over, so I assume it is working ok.

Regards. Alan.

Thanks Niels.:D

So that is the "safety" part of the system, there is no way that a tight water pump would have any effect on the pushrods or their operation.

Regards. Alan.