British vehicle markings for D Day

Ian L

Hi Alex I think you might get your wish of a Beach group K5 next to a RN QL as Guy is on the same site as us, K5 was paint on Sunday and stencils should be applied by the weekend.

Is Etreham the site? If so, awesome! We will also be staying there. Sadly my CMP is far from finished, so it's BSA Folding bike time again! Also love to see Guy's QL with the new tilt.

Good luck with the last few things on the K5.

Alex

No problem, it was on card in the window so you could print and mount on board

I can knock up a graphic to print if you want, just say as I could have one in my QLR

Yes please Paul if you have time, where are you staying in Normandy ?

Is Etreham the site? If so, awesome! We will also be staying there. Sadly my CMP is far from finished, so it's BSA Folding bike time again! Also love to see Guy's QL with the new tilt.

Good luck with the last few things on the K5.

Alex

Yes it is Alex, with the MVT.

There's also going to be another K5 just a few miles away, I spoke to Chris Baxter last night & he's going to bring his K5 over to our campsite for some photos.

Yes it is Alex, with the MVT.

There's also going to be another K5 just a few miles away, I spoke to Chris Baxter last night & he's going to bring his K5 over to our campsite for some photos.

Ian , my by we can have a ride to Ver-sur-Mer and visit gold beatch living history group camp! From where we are it is not such a long drive.

On the campsite there will hopefully be other lorry's that want to join on are run. Should be a nice picture, a convoy of British trucks.

Guy

Yes please Paul if you have time, where are you staying in Normandy ?

No problem, will try and do tonight.

I am not going to Normandy until the 25th when I go with the Montys Men Living History group, recreating the 43rd Wessex Division advance to Mont Pincon.

Ian , my by we can have a ride to Ver-sur-Mer and visit gold beatch living history group camp! From where we are it is not such a long drive.

On the campsite there will hopefully be other lorry's that want to join on are run. Should be a nice picture, a convoy of British trucks.

Guy

Sounds good Guy :drive::saluting:

Hi all,

Stumbled across this thread, and remembered I had just bought a picture with a Matchless G3L on it, with similar markings

001149.jpg

Caption reads: "August '44 Norwegian troops, officer delivering mail to the men"

Nothing springs to mind, to identify the troops as Norwegian to me??

But anchors all over the place! maybe someone can make something off it??

Cheers,

Lex

• 2 weeks later...

Grabbed from today's BBC D_Day special - nice footage of a 10cwt GS trailer behind a jeep with fouled anchor marking - doesn't look as if there's any lighting on the trailer and the T-plate seems to have come off worse in an argument with something

10cwt trailer D-Day.jpg

Edited by simon king

• 2 weeks later...
Grabbed from today's BBC D_Day special - nice footage of a 10cwt GS trailer behind a jeep with fouled anchor marking - doesn't look as if there's any lighting on the trailer and the T-plate seems to have come off worse in an argument with something

[ATTACH=CONFIG]91902[/ATTACH]

It looks very match like the special service brigade sign (anchor, thompson and wings). Number 58 is from 45 royal marines commando go served under the 1st special service brigade.