DVLA lost paper work

Hi All

a friend has sent his application for a v5 two weeks ago , he called today and was told the there is no record of his application. Has anybody had this problem. The main problem he has now is that he did not copy his paperwork the important one being the release papers. I have just had my Rb paperwork back in seven days so it's not the work load at the DVLA . Any ideas

Regards Tony

yes he did send it recorded delivery? well if he did neither all i can guess he can do is ring them again ,who knows if royal mail even delivered it might be be dvla at all ! as for getting duplicate release papers sure some one on here can give u a answer .

Edited by griff66

yes he did send it recorded delivery? well if he did neither all i can guess he can do is ring them again ,who knows if royal mail even delivered it might be be dvla at all ! as for getting duplicate release papers sure some one on here can give u a answer .

When he called today the operator told him that they would get to him back within 2 working days to see if they can locate the paperwork, anyone had this before ?

Regards Tony

When he called today the operator told him that they would get to him back within 2 working days to see if they can locate the paperwork, anyone had this before ?

Regards Tony

Two months ago I sent pictures and rubbings of my tractors engine and frame numbers unfortunately I sent them by normal post, they apparently never arrived either. Luckily nothing was irreplaceable and I sent the next lot by recorded delivery. I learnt from this and ALL my letters to the DVLA since have been by recorded delivery. I have never been to the DVLA offices at Swansea but I can imagine it is a huge place, your documents may be there somewhere and turn up eventually.

Two months ago I sent pictures and rubbings of my tractors engine and frame numbers unfortunately I sent them by normal post, they apparently never arrived either. Luckily nothing was irreplaceable and I sent the next lot by recorded delivery. I learnt from this and ALL my letters to the DVLA since have been by recorded delivery. I have never been to the DVLA offices at Swansea but I can imagine it is a huge place, your documents may be there somewhere and turn up eventually.

Whilst speaking to a senior official at Swansea he admitted to me that if Royal Mail inadvertantly delivered a letter to the wrong postcode (each building has an individual post code) instead of doing the sensible thing and passing the letter on to the correct department they would be destroyed. I had difficulty in believing this but he was absolutely insistent that this was the practice. Ever since that time I have sent everything to them by recorded delivery. Incidentally the phone call was because they had threatened me with a £50,000 fine for not reporting a vehicle stolen, it was their error as the police had reported through the automated computer system and my insurance company had also reported the theft and received an acknowledgement. I'm afraid my experience with them suggests total incompetence and a couldn't care less attitude but the local area office was always very helpful and efficient but was very often frustrated by Swansea.

I got told by DVLA I owed an £80 fine because my vehicle wasn't on the Insurance database. When I rang up DVLA and said what can I do about it? The answer was nothing! Only the insurance company can. They got told get stuffed see you in court, and the Nautically named insurance company got thier ear bent. Vehicle apperaed nothing else heard.