i've passed

Its me

thanks very much everybody i am over the moon just cant wait to get out there and on the road but it is so much money for insurance i would idealy like an ex military Land rover but i have no money as im still only a student so see what happens if any body knows of a cheap ex military vehicle i would love to know about it thanks very much.

kyle

P.S.I will try my hardest to keep on the pavement and hit as many politicians as possible but how do i spot them!

:-( Unfortunatly, mate,.............cheap ex-military vehicles, whilst not non-existant, certainly are not plentiful, either.................

Guess its a case of looking past the excitment of finding a 'bargine',.....and listerning to that little voice in the back of the head whispering,......" hang on,.........whys is sooooooo cheap,.............." :dunno:

Not trying to pour cold water etc,..............but personaly, 'once bitten,.........twice shy'.......... :whistle: (not on MV front, luckily.........)

Landies have the advantage of being in (reasonably) plentyful supply, with good parts back up, well, where the parts are the same as their civi counterparts, anyways........

One vehicle maybe's worth looking at, is a SUMB;.........a mate of mine was looking for a mil veh what could double up, if needed as a load carrier, so a 109 was being looked for, when he saw and drove said SUMB.

3.5 v8 coilsprung with portal axles and dif lock,.......a cheaper unimog.

........Going for around decent-ish landrover prices.........

Anyways,............good luck with the saving up,..........I think we've all been there :roll:

Andy

thanks very much everybody i am over the moon just cant wait to get out there and on the road but it is so much money for insurance i would idealy like an ex military Land rover but i have no money as im still only a student so see what happens if any body knows of a cheap ex military vehicle i would love to know about it thanks very much.

kyle

P.S.I will try my hardest to keep on the pavement and hit as many politicians as possible but how do i spot them!

It's quite simple - when they speak, their anal passages move, not their mouths!!! :evil: :evil:

Good luck with the vehicle hunt!! A Landie might be a good starting point if you've never crossed paths with M.V's before - they seem to go for around the £1,500 to £2,000 mark. You can then progress to bigger things when you've finished education - mean-time use the Landie to attend the shows and talk to owners of vehicles that look to be of interest to you.....

Try getting a few quotes for insurance on the LR first. I looked at getting one when I was 18 and they wanted as much for insurance as the Lightweight. They won't insure it on a classic policy till you're 25 either.

Chris