Hello From HeywoodTanks Facebook

Hi, My name is Dale from Heywood, Lancashire.

I am in the fortunate position of having access to multiple Tanks, APC's, SPG's and other military vehicles to drive and maintain in my spare time. I do this with a couple of friends, generally at weekends.

Now and then we do a bit of fund raising, etc, and generally enjoy the vehicles.

You can get a better idea at http://www.HeywoodTanks/Facebook

We are always happy to receive 'Likes" and any comments or questions

Regards Dale

Hi Dale, welcome to the HMVF, that is quite a collection you have there. I'm originally from Heywood myself, my parents had a shop just to the left of Barclay's Bank opposite St Lukes and I attended St Joe's primary school next to the railway marshalling yard. I notice you have a Green Goddess in the collection, I seem to remember there being one based at the old fire station in York Street in the late 1950s.

Mike

Welcome aboard Dale, this is John Riley the owner of the M746, we met at Melvyn's house a few months ago. Nice to see the Extravaganza date is now fixed for first weekend in August, will certainly be there with as much as I can bring ! Last year was excellent.

You need to get it advertised on here I am sure there are plenty of other owners who would love the opportunity to take their vehicles around the 17 acre play ground !

Nice to see the Extravaganza date is now fixed for first weekend in August, will certainly be there with as much as I can bring ! Last year was excellent.

You need to get it advertised on here I am sure there are plenty of other owners who would love the opportunity to take their vehicles around the 17 acre play ground !

This seems to work better https://www.facebook.com/HeywoodTanks?fref=ts

Yes advertise it

Welcome in

• 3 months later...
Hi Dale, welcome to the HMVF, that is quite a collection you have there. I'm originally from Heywood myself, my parents had a shop just to the left of Barclay's Bank opposite St Lukes and I attended St Joe's primary school next to the railway marshalling yard. I notice you have a Green Goddess in the collection, I seem to remember there being one based at the old fire station in York Street in the late 1950s.

Mike

The Goddess is currently housed at Rochdale Fire Station Museum as we do not really do much with her,

I have plenty of other jobs to do. One thing i am trying to do is find out what kind of hydraulic pump is attached to a chieftain Mk10 gen' engine,as i have one missing, i need this pump and the 'gen' working to operate powered turret traverse and elevation

Welcome aboard Dale, this is John Riley the owner of the M746, we met at Melvyn's house a few months ago. Nice to see the Extravaganza date is now fixed for first weekend in August, will certainly be there with as much as I can bring ! Last year was excellent.

Many thanks for the welcome John, still figuring my way round,

Yes the extravaganza is August but there is also the 40's weekend in Heywood June 28-29

another minor point, its not 17 acres, its 100 acres, and we will have no option but to be using it all in June and August, we are talking about a more challenging tank track that will involve water and a knife-edge to balance on, should be fun for more experienced drivers, newbies and 'wheeled people' can still use the big oval.

The level of interest is already surprising !

Dale there is an events section on here. I am no longer a member of any of the local MVT branches in the Manchester area so cannot publicise the event with either of them on your behalf.

John.

Dale there is an events section on here. I am no longer a member of any of the local MVT branches in the Manchester area so cannot publicise the event with either of them on your behalf.

John.

I dont know, i'll take a look around.

My concern is that it got a bit carried away last year, and it seems to be getting bigger for this year, i am already losing track of who is coming and what they are bringing. In total there is 100 acres, and we are going to be using a lot more of it for driving this year rather than just a big parade oval. we also have a couple of fly by's arranged, waiting to find out if the chinook is bringing his hummvee again ?