PM notification via email problem

fv1609

PMs works fine. But I now find when I get an email notification there is a problem.

I click on the link, it takes me to the PM dept but it is all displayed differently. Instead of the messages all laid out. Following the link, the message is there at the bottom. But there is a reply box already laid out including the message I have received. Just like when you reply to a thread & press the quote button.

BUT the "To" portion has someone elses name!

This has happened twice tonight. I clicked the link, filled in the message & as it was posting I saw a different persons name. So I sent him a PM apologising.

I then got an email notification of his reply saying OK & not a problem So I clicked on to respond. Got taken to the message pad with his message laid out in it. But in the "To" field yet another different person appeared.

Both of these other people have recently posted on the forum but none of us have exchanged PMs before.

I can learn not to follow the link, but it does go to show how careful you have to be about what you say & who you sent it to!

BTW spell checker is still down, it says done but if I make a speeling mistack it doesn't pick up on it. It was quite a useful facility which few forums have.

The score so far by PMing via the email notification.

Replied to Androo message got sent to Degsy

Reply to Degsy message got sent to fv1620 (me)

Reply to Degsy message wants sent it to Jesse1

Reply to Kewlede message wants to sent it to Jamie

So the best thing to do is log back into the forum and answer your PM's from your PM in-box.

Now we all have to worry if we have sent a PM reply via the email notification, if we have been saying bad things about anyone - it could have gone anywhere

Ok chaps - looks like there maybe a bug somewhere and I dare say Joris has a patch for this problem.

I must say that I was rather concerned myself when I had a PM from a member saying that he enjoyed last night very much but next time would I wear the red underwear of the my overalls :dunno: :schocked: :dunno:

• 3 weeks later...

The problem is still there. Got an email notification of PM from Paul Connor followed link, wrote a reply just about to send it then saw it was already addressed to "muttguru".

Its not a big deal to go into the forum, but easy to get caught out with the email link.

Ok chaps - looks like there maybe a bug somewhere and I dare say Joris has a patch for this problem.

I must say that I was rather concerned myself when I had a PM from a member saying that he enjoyed last night very much but next time would I wear the red underwear of the my overalls :dunno: :schocked: :dunno:

Yeah but Jack that could have come from any of us :-D

• 4 months later...