Carden-Loyd tankette trailer

pkitson

I am trying to substantiate the existence of a purpose built trailer for transporting the Carden-Loyd tankette. It appears to have used the bogie and spring assembly of the trailer that was towed behind the tankette (but without the track) to mount two channels on to carry the machine. Any photo's, line drawings or information would be greatly appreciated.

Perry

I am trying to substantiate the existence of a purpose built trailer for transporting the Carden-Loyd tankette. It appears to have used the bogie and spring assembly of the trailer that was towed behind the tankette (but without the track) to mount two channels on to carry the machine. Any photo's, line drawings or information would be greatly appreciated.

Perry

There is period film of the Carden Loyd's on maneuvers towing a trailer that carried the solid wheeled artillery gun

Edited by Nick Johns

Thanks for the quick response gentlemen.

Niels,

That is the trailer I am referring to. I think I have stumbled upon the remnants of one here in Canada. I will post some photo's after it's (hopefully) successful recovery.

Does anyone have any production numbers or know how often they were issued to regiments for use?

thanks, Perry