Bedford MJ rating

MartinN

My friend owns a Bedford mj. He has a hgv licence at the moment. It weights 5 tonne plated for 9 tonne gross. What needs to be done to drive it on his ordinary driving licence. He is worried that at some time he will lose his Hgv licence he is 65 now.

It is possible to retain your HGV licence into your seventies I believe , a yearly medical is required though ! :-D

As I understand it there is no requirement for an HGV medical to have Blood Pressure checked, I queried this with my Doc as she was more interested in my eyes despite having an Optician check them within the last 6 months.

I had to ask to get my Blood pressure checked!

As I understand it there is no requirement for an HGV medical to have Blood Pressure checked, I queried this with my Doc as she was more interested in my eyes despite having an Optician check them within the last 6 months.

I had to ask to get my Blood pressure checked!

That's bizarre. DVLA get very excited about blood pressure for LGVs.

Andy

I was pretty disgusted, had to pay the usual 100 quid for my HGV medical and then had to ask for a blood pressure check! The Doc told me there was no requirement for this and I wondered what the 100 quid was for then! A farce as usual. By the way I now have had 3 medicals as I am 60 and this has always been the case. Perhaps, as I live in the Flatlands they don't worry about blood pressure as I don't need to do hillstarts!!:nut: