Oh Dear!

Willyslancs

Be intresting to see the ofspring though. :cool2: Plans for a new rail road hybrid maybe? When the trams first came to Croydon a bus driver (Now retired) decide to challenge their authority. Bus for once , lost. In this case the blame is obvious, the Tram was on the wrong side of the road!

The body language is interesting..... the RHS guys appear nonchalant as if to say "she'll be right mate!"

The LHS one striper looks like he's thinking "why am I here" and the guy with his hands on his hips is thinking "is that the best BS excuse you guys can come up with"

When I saw the photo, I had to dig out a shot of a similar incident, and although not military is still in the 1940's and still look at what's happening. The driver's still trapped, but the tram conductor on the right (with his ticket bag) well, you can see what he's thinking.

These trams were still operating widely in Melbourne in the 1990's and some are still going for the tourists.

Andrew B.

Buick Sandwich mid 1940's.jpg