Rubery Owen four wheel trailer

andy if mamory serves me right I think they are rated at 5 ton gross but that doesn't mean you can tow it with the rb44 as the hitch rating might be lower. the good news is I will be able to use it behing my daf :D

I thought the accommodation bit might be of use and yes I'm sure it would work fine behind the DAF.

Just checked in the British Mil book 1981 and it states Unladen 1.691 tonne, Laden 3.734 tonne. That's for the Ruby Owen 2 tonne Mk2 trailer. Towed by 3-4 tonne GS trucks.

Thanks for looking it looks to be a useful size of trailer especially with the box on the back,it would make a nice conversion with a bit of space for carrying 'equipment'. I'll sort out some pictures of the box and trailer when I have crossed Ricks palm with £ notes.

Andy did you view before buying ? the box is really nice.... not ! I think the Withams catalogue description was a bit tongue in cheek.

How you getting it back ?

John.

Rick has kindly offered to pick it up and no I didn't view cardinal sin I know with Withams. On good note you have answered the question on what the condition was of the box :undecided: Such is life

Rick has kindly offered to pick it up and no I didn't view cardinal sin I know with Withams. On good note you have answered the question on what the condition was of the box :undecided: Such is life

Is Rick going in the Leyland DAF... I may have something else to collect for him to make trip more worthwhile...

• 2 weeks later...

Andy its a killer to reverse ! When Rick arrived at the farm where he was dropping of my coms box he was a bit tired so I got in the Daff to reverse for him, it finished up with Mike the farmer picking the rear of the trailer up with the loadall to move it round so we could get back out.

Mmm If its anything like my living van was fitted ackerman steering then, its hard work, I use to unhitch and connect to the front bumper and park it up like that. I suppose your trailer being a turntable it might be a bit easier thats if you have a good view of the trailer, when reversing it. Howard.

At college we had a pig man who ex RAF. He had driven a Karrier with trailer fore and aft. He'd make a trailer that like that dance! Used to make us all sick.

Tony

Some people can move a normal trailer about in reverse I don't count myself as being one of those 'some people' lol.

As the RB44 has a front pin on the bumper if I need to move it about I'll have a crack that way as I had read on here that was the easiest way to do it.

I moved the trailer around the yard yesterday after a bit of a sort out (you won't recognise the old place andy) luckily I was able to get hold of a forklift which made life a lot easier but it was still a right @rse to move around. it now sits neatly in line with all the other trailers me and andy seem to be collecting :-D

I moved the trailer around the yard yesterday after a bit of a sort out (you won't recognise the old place andy) luckily I was able to get hold of a forklift which made life a lot easier but it was still a right @rse to move around. it now sits neatly in line with all the other trailers me and andy seem to be collecting :-D

So with the fork lift you took the decking of the Sabre? ;)

You would think that we are setting up a transport company trailers-inc lol. To be fair it wasn't a bad idea and it might have worked just fine if the DAF's had still been around

Edited by ferrettkitt