Cromwell vs daf

eddy8men

a slight error of judgement when driving the Cromwell around the yard yesterday resulted in the daf coming off worse than the Cromwell (which only scratched the paint) I hardly felt the knock, just goes to show the damage you can do if not on your guard when driving these things !

2013-08-14 13.07.12.jpg

2013-08-14 13.25.04.jpg

Rick, Who was the commander during this event?. I recall at War and Peace when you were reversing into your parking spot, I gave a signal to the guy at the front of the tank to stop, but you still came back a good 18 inches, Daf was parked behind side on, good job an early instruction was given.

Is there a sense you are not actually moving when driving on of these ?.

kev.

a slight error of judgement when driving the Cromwell around the yard yesterday resulted in the daf coming off worse than the Cromwell (which only scratched the paint) I hardly felt the knock, just goes to show the damage you can do if not on your guard when driving these things !

I'm so happy that it was not me directing you, I would have never heard the end of it... That would have been a fire side story at every war and peace

I'll give you a clap for posting it up

:clap:

and another from Adrian lol

:clap:

Thumbs up for posting :thumbsup:

in my defence I was actually supposed to be under guidance from a friend who's an ex chieftain ece so I assumed he was up to speed with guiding tanks but he ran off out of sight so I drove on and put a bit of left tiller on too early, (another 12" and i'd have been ok ) but there is no point trying to pass off the blame it lies fair and square with me. what I should have done was stop and wait til he appeared again but I was having too much fun converting money into noise and exhaust smoke :D

in my defence I was actually supposed to be under guidance from a friend who's an ex chieftain ece so I assumed he was up to speed with guiding tanks but he ran off out of sight so I drove on and put a bit of left tiller on too early, (another 12" and i'd have been ok ) but there is no point trying to pass off the blame it lies fair and square with me. what I should have done was stop and wait til he appeared again but I was having too much fun converting money into noise and exhaust smoke :D

12" the other way and you would have been posting in the wanted adds for a DAF cab !

• 2 weeks later...