Frank Burbery Paints No Longer Trading - Original Supplier Found

Jessie The Jeep

I went to order some more paint for the Jeep today, having almost run out and a few more bits and touch ups to do. When I rang up I was told they were no longer trading. Panic set in wondering how I was going to get a paint match, or whether I'd have to repaint the Jeep in another shade.

A closer look at the tin showed the Frank Burbery label was applied over another label. Soaking it with lots of white spirit, the label came away to reveal the original paint suppliers contact details. Thankfully the paint name and code number was still readable between the drips down the tin. I contacted them today and they are able to make up another 5 litre tin for me.

SO....if anyone has a vehicle painted in FB paint, and you need some touch up paint, so long as you have the paint code from the tin, you should still be able to get hold of this really nice to use paint.

The supplier is http://www.jandlindustrialpaints.co.uk/

( I have no connection to this company, but thought it useful for other HMVF members to know, and checked with Jack it was ok to post the link to this company. )

Note to self. When I buy paint in future, make a note of any codes on the tin and keep in a safe place! ( before the drips run all over it )

Useful thanks for the info Steve.

Running close to the wind with the dregs of the tin is often a problem near the end of a restoration.

There always seem to be more bits and pieces that need painting than you think and with the cost of paint now no one wants to end up with an opened gallon tin sitting on the shelf part used.

Pete

no one wants to end up with an opened gallon tin sitting on the shelf part used.

Pete

I always decant what I haven't used into jam jars right to the brim so I have ready to use small quantities of the same mix.

For convenience it usually means a few large mayonaise jars, then smaller jars & some very small jars. So I can choose the right quantity for the job without wastage.

I empty a tin of paint in half lier plastic softdrink bottles.

Just fill those bottles by alternating them.This way any left over matting agent gets didtributed over all the bottles.

A extra plus is when the bottle is half empt you can squeeze the air out of it before closing the cap.

I always decant what I haven't used into jam jars right to the brim so I have ready to use small quantities of the same mix.

For convenience it usually means a few large mayonaise jars, then smaller jars & some very small jars. So I can choose the right quantity for the job without wastage.

For my own projects I do exactly the same Clive thinned to spraying viscosity with fast cellulose, kept cool and frost free it keeps really well.

Pete