New boards/topics..

Jack

Ok chaps.

Martlylee pick up on this so here is the question.............

Would you like to see other boards/subjects on HMVF?

If so - then let us know.

Cheers

Team HMVF - going corporate...........

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Salvage/scrap is interesting and i like the idea of the films subject very much. Lots of fun to be had there.

I would like to see a fleet register to see how the mob is growing. I would also like to see an idiots guide so that variants of MVs can be identified using forum members knowledge. I suppose this would string from I may be stupid but....

battlefields, museums, monuments and memorials are very important to me and I would happily contribute ideas to making good guides for those who want to look at that sort stuff.

The polarity is wrong mate - the big green magnets seem to repel the babes rather than atract them.. Can't think why????? :roll:

Remember your school science lessons - opposite poles attract, like poles repel - so if thats true we should be peeling the ladies off, not watching them fade into the distance. Maybe ladies have a deep seated attraction for the green machines they won't reveal and thus fall victim to the "like poles repel" effect??? :evil: :evil:

Tootallmike - In this modern age, I imagine a dating section might not only attract ladies to your big green machines.

As for the other suggestions (scrap/salvage/register/films) - wholehearted support from me so consider them seconded/thirded/whatever...

I agree. There aren't enough lovely ladies in this hobby. I have all these big green babe magnets 8-) but nothing seems to stick to them :-(.

Its your knees. They are totally repellent to woman, man and beast. The big green babe magnets do not even come into the equation. :eek2:

I heard someone mention a guide to museums and such. I'm currently planning a trip to Budapest and I know they have got a couple of museums. If we had a topic of cities with a list of museums and other sights, it would be really easy to find your way. Perhaps even a list of members living there!?

Marty

• 2 weeks later...

Ok chaps.

So , just to get this buttoned down here is a list of what we would like to see;

Scrapyard rescues

Fleet register of members MVs.

Fleet photo register of members MVs.

Buyers guide - written by those who know :-D

Museum guides.

Dating board I am sure that I can come up with a completely new site for that.

... how about MILWIFE (the boy is a genius) :-D

Some of the above can have their own section of the front page.....

Anymore for anymore?

Cheers

Jack.

Ok chaps.

So , just to get this buttoned down here is a list of what we would like to see;

Scrapyard rescues

Fleet register of members MVs.

Fleet photo register of members MVs.

Buyers guide - written by those who know :-D

Museum guides.

Dating board I am sure that I can come up with a completely new site for that.

... how about MILWIFE (the boy is a genius) :-D

Some of the above can have their own section of the front page.....

Anymore for anymore?

Cheers

Jack.

Now thats not very pc is it Jack "MILWIFE", should read MIL/WIFE/HUSBAND/PARTNER/OTHER as you never know what an MV owner fancies.

And just for the record no i am not into the "other" category as I live in Essex not Brighton.

I think you're slipping into geographics as opposed to demographics. When I first saw Milwife I misread it and had a well known acronym in my head for a few minutes. We don't necessarily want to get our wires crossed with that sort of website Jack my lad, but it's an image to retain for days when your car breaks down on the petrol station forecourt, as a consequence you give your last fiver to your kids for bus fare and then you lose your company security pass when you get to work. Not a classic.

We don't seem to have anywhere to post regarding tents and camping equipment - I have had to bung a query on tents in the 'Accessories' section as that seemed to be nearest what I wanted.

Incidentally, theres a guy/gal on Ebay trying to sell a quarter of a 20x20 (or is it a 24x24?) as a dining shelter. Mind you, you don't need a dozen people if you're only going to put up a bit of one do you?!

An idea for another board is a support network for people embarking on long journeys in unfamiliar territory. Steelsoldiers has a similar system in the US where members post their locations and what they can offer to other members on a friendly basis e.g. mechanical skills, recovery/towing capability, short-term storage of broken down vehicles, or even just a cuppa and a friendly face. The idea is if you plan a long drive you make a note of contact details for members en route and if you have a problem you have someone to call for support.

To take an example, I'm planning to go to Kemble and it'd be good to have some numbers to call even just to ask where the nearest petrol station is. Equally, we're not far from the M25 and I'd be happy to offer any help I could to anyone who found themselves in difficulty.

Just a thought - may not be worthwhile in the UK / Europe.

An idea for another board is a support network for people embarking on long journeys in unfamiliar territory. Steelsoldiers has a similar system in the US where members post their locations and what they can offer to other members on a friendly basis e.g. mechanical skills, recovery/towing capability, short-term storage of broken down vehicles, or even just a cuppa and a friendly face. The idea is if you plan a long drive you make a note of contact details for members en route and if you have a problem you have someone to call for support.

To take an example, I'm planning to go to Kemble and it'd be good to have some numbers to call even just to ask where the nearest petrol station is. Equally, we're not far from the M25 and I'd be happy to offer any help I could to anyone who found themselves in difficulty.

Just a thought - may not be worthwhile in the UK / Europe.

Mike - that is a cracking idea - I like that - that is clever - think we should do that. A great safety net.

But what would we call it?