CVRT Sabre 03FD34 new purchase

ferrettkitt

I have been thinking about buying a tracked vehicle for awhile ever since I drove Ricks (eddy8mens) carrier. The bug bit pretty deep especially when I had it spinning in the mud spraying mud all over the place at War and Peace in 2011.

In the last tender I had a punt on a CET and a CVRT Sultan which didn't pan out such is life.... Last week I had another punt on a CVRT Sabre at Withams which I won for my top price that I was prepared to pay.

Said Sabre arrived this morning :D

The horrible clanking noise is a piece of metal rubbing on the tracks

Its a project that I plan on doing very little too until I have finished a Ferret and sold it. I have the hatches for the turret and the rear door thats missing thanks to a tip from a member on here plus the bins that are missing.

I'm pretty chuffed I must admit

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the club! Is it a damper link arm rubbing on the track?

Chris

When we had a look it seemed to coming from somewhere near the front right sprocket behind the mudflap. It looked to be a piece of metal that had been crushed when the vehicle has been pushed at some point (it looked rusty as well). I didn't really have chance to look properly as I was supposed to be in Manchester city centre (horrible place).

Edited by ferrettkitt

Welcome to the club Andy and well done on your purchase of gods own AFV, one careful owner!

I can vouch for the quality of chris' mudguard brackets, top notch..

Pm me if you wish to come for a visit anytime to have a look at my sabre (04 FD 34!). I am currently replacing the engine so happy to give you a guided tour of what to watch for if you like.

Cheers

Tim

Welcome to the club Andy and well done on your purchase of gods own AFV, one careful owner!

I can vouch for the quality of chris' mudguard brackets, top notch..

Pm me if you wish to come for a visit anytime to have a look at my sabre (04 FD 34!). I am currently replacing the engine so happy to give you a guided tour of what to watch for if you like.

Cheers

Tim

Hi Tim,

I might take you up on that offer it would make good sense to have a look see on things that I shouldn't do

looking at andy's sabre has got me thinking about getting one and that is a dangerous thought so i'll probably just stick to wartime kit and drive his at the weekends when he's not around :D

rick

ps. good choice of vehicle andy, i reckon you'll be happy as a pig in sh1t driving that sabre around

Congratulations Andy, mind you with the company that you keep it was inevitable that at some point you would "need" a piece of tracked armour !

Of course the CVRT is a good choice, leaves you plenty of chance to move UP to a CET ! Not that you are unfamiliar with the internals having spent the best part of a day sorting out my comms !

John.

Congratulations Andy, mind you with the company that you keep it was inevitable that at some point you would "need" a piece of tracked armour !

Of course the CVRT is a good choice, leaves you plenty of chance to move UP to a CET ! Not that you are unfamiliar with the internals having spent the best part of a day sorting out my comms !

John.

Its that MVT group in Manchester tracked vehicles everywhere, if you don't have a tracked vehicle you feel left out :nut:

Your not helping me Andy :-) I'm trying to resist the temptation......... I must get pig instead, I must get pig instead... I'll keep up the mantra!

Matt let me put temptation in your way

http://www.mod-sales.com/auction/vehicle/related/53878/AFV_-_Striker_CVR(T).htm

You know you want too

Matt let me put temptation in your way

http://www.mod-sales.com/auction/vehicle/related/53878/AFV_-_Striker_CVR(T).htm

You know you want too

Hi Andy.

your history card is on its way , great purchase , not allowed any tracks at the moment but working on it.

regards Tony.

I have had the receipt for the vehicle off Withams it doesn't come with the cast note as I suspect that was supplied to ABRO when it was sold to them. I asked Withams over the phone specifically if they would supply the cast certificate they said they would over the phone, they haven't.

• 3 weeks later...