CVRT master cylinders

timbo

• 3 months later...

The Cylinders were originally supplied by AVMERITOR who sold on that part of the business to CARLISLE HEAVY BRAKES. The original part number of the cylinder which is still maintained is PMM111.

Carlisle will not sell direct to the public but the seal kit whose part no is MIN19 can be obtained from Bristol Heavy Vehicles on 01179 593582 using either a bank transfer or cheque.

Diana

Chris

Before I forget it is 90569128...

I dont have any mineral oil to soak the seals at the moment, so it will take a while. Annoyingly I have an unopened 25 litre tub of ISO10 but it's on the back of my Saladin, 120 miles away..!

Cheers

Tim

Banisters for me too but good to know there are plenty of suppliers out there...

Still working great especially now I have degreased the steering discs!

I had a minor leak from the left hand final drive seal on the inside. It only lost about 50ml over the course of last season so I have decided to leave it for a winter job. It seems to have slowed down for the moment anyway!

• 2 weeks later...

Be aware, as I discovered, there are possible differences in the Land Rover Cylinder and the CVRT cylinder, it would seem the main bore seal and size can be matched but the small seal at the rear of the piston, which may appear the same along with its piston are different, the trick is to re-use the small seal rod and spring. The end of the small seal rod should completely fill the inside of the mineral oil seal.

Diana

Chris

Before I forget it is 90569128...

I dont have any mineral oil to soak the seals at the moment, so it will take a while. Annoyingly I have an unopened 25 litre tub of ISO10 but it's on the back of my Saladin, 120 miles away..!

Cheers

Tim

• 1 month later...

I need to renew the oil in the Samson braking and steering system after a complete overhaul.

The manual specifies OM-11 Oil, What would be the best replacement, Google comes up with AeroShell Turbine Oil 3.

What do most CVRT owners use for this application?

LHM brake fluid (commonly used in some Citroen and Jaguar cars) = mineral brake fluid = green brake fluid (often but not always).

Diana

I need to renew the oil in the Samson braking and steering system after a complete overhaul.

The manual specifies OM-11 Oil, What would be the best replacement, Google comes up with AeroShell Turbine Oil 3.

What do most CVRT owners use for this application?