Iraqi tanks and APC captured during Opeartion Desert Storm 1991

750armoured

Scattered all over the place!

486571_10151485874118984_536416043_n.jpg

This one's at the Royal Artillery's "Firepower" museum, Woolwich Arsenal, London.

295209_10151303964048984_1691969921_n.jpg

I assume this is ex-Iraqi, it's at Duxford. Recovery version next to it, and there's a ZSU 23-4 there too.

for 3 weeks after the war i went around picking up iraqi armour just north of kuwait city, best 3 weeks in the army :-D

Hi Eddy8men,

The two pics are incredible

It's a type 653 recovery vehicle, and probably a Type 69.

How many pics did you take during 3 weeks?

Thank you very much

Cheers

JJ

I'm not sure that '715' is ex-Iraqi, the IWM had several ex-Warsaw Pact vehicles. However, there is an Iraqi modified (a set of pipes to direct a smoke screen to the front of the vehicle) Type 69 inside the Land Warfare Hall.

However, back in the day, the museum at Beverley had these:

Untitled-7033-1_zps420e735a.jpg

Untitled-26019_zps66ac69e2.jpg

Untitled-23016_zpsd9571a5c.jpg

Untitled-21014_zpsaca7ce45.jpg

Untitled-16008_zps36400e7e.jpg

Untitled-15007-1_zps2bc18dff.jpg

Untitled-13005_zps6f69624e.jpg

As you can see, some items are ex-Iraqi and ex-USMC! I'm not sure where these are as I don't know if they were part of the MoAT collection or owned by the NAM.

jh

I'm not sure that '715' is ex-Iraqi, the IWM had several ex-Warsaw Pact vehicles. However, there is an Iraqi modified (a set of pipes to direct a smoke screen to the front of the vehicle) Type 69 inside the Land Warfare Hall.

However, back in the day, the museum at Beverley had these:

Untitled-7033-1_zps420e735a.jpg

Untitled-26019_zps66ac69e2.jpg

Untitled-23016_zpsd9571a5c.jpg

Untitled-21014_zpsaca7ce45.jpg

Untitled-16008_zps36400e7e.jpg

Untitled-15007-1_zps2bc18dff.jpg

Untitled-13005_zps6f69624e.jpg

As you can see, some items are ex-Iraqi and ex-USMC! I'm not sure where these are as I don't know if they were part of the MoAT collection or owned by the NAM.

jh

Hi Thank you for these pics

We can see: an UAZ- 469 Light vehicle, an IFA W-50 ( a truck widely used by iraqis, built in the former east germany during the 70's and 80's), a ZPU-4 anti-aircraft gun

The artillery piece seems to be a 122mm D-30 with a missing trail leg (I don't know the english word for this).

Very interesting pics

Cheers

JJ

there was a gate guardian mtlbu outside kiwi barracks in bulford that me and the reccy mech pulled out from under the pylon line north of kuwait city, i knew it was the same one because it still had 26 fd ra sprayed on the side.

i'll have a look and see if there's any more pics of iraqi kit in my old phot album.

rick

• 1 month later...
Hi all

I am looking for pics of iraqi tanks, APC, artillery, captured during desert storm in 1991 by English troops (see the link below)

Does anybody can help me?

thanks in advance.

Regards

JJ

I hope you'll excuse me for being picky. Welsh, Irish and Scottish forces attended the First Gulf War, so it would be more accurate to ask about British, rather than English troops. They can get picky if you call them English.

Also, British Forces did not participate in Operation Desert Storm: they were on Operation Granby.

I hope you'll excuse me for being picky. Welsh, Irish and Scottish forces attended the First Gulf War, so it would be more accurate to ask about British, rather than English troops. They can get picky if you call them English.

Also, British Forces did not participate in Operation Desert Storm: they were on Operation Granby.

You are indeed a gentleman sir !:saluting:

last few pics of iraqi kit from my photo album, i wish i had taken more during my time on various tours but i never seem to get round to it (too busy playing volley ball) :D

the first couple show what i think is a 23mm AA gun, loaded and ready to go. next is a water tanker with the worlds worst attempt at camouflage, i think it was a reo. the last pic shows an M 109 from my regiment that blew up on a fire mission, a charge bag caught fire when it was being loaded into the breach, luckily none of the crew were killed but a few got badly burned.

010.jpg

012.jpg

018.jpg

013.jpg

last few pics of iraqi kit from my photo album, i wish i had taken more during my time on various tours but i never seem to get round to it (too busy playing volley ball) :D

the first couple show what i think is a 23mm AA gun, loaded and ready to go. next is a water tanker with the worlds worst attempt at camouflage, i think it was a reo. the last pic shows an M 109 from my regiment that blew up on a fire mission, a charge bag caught fire when it was being loaded into the breach, luckily none of the crew were killed but a few got badly burned.

Thank you Eddy