Acmat TPK4-20-SM

fesm_ndt

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

War and Peace has ceased to exist or has someone taken over the concept?

Don't know where you got that idea from, new organisers were announced before this year's show started, their details on home page of W&PR website and they are active on the W&PR Facebook site as well; https://www.facebook.com/warandpeacerevival

G'Day Richard

Cheers for that bit of info. Last I was reading on here there was an announcement that the owner decided to retire and it was all uncertain. I will have to have a dig around on their website as was hoping to get over for this years one but didn't pan out. My HMVF attendence has been a lot less this year due to travelling for work.

G'Day Richard

Cheers for that bit of info. Last I was reading on here there was an announcement that the owner decided to retire and it was all uncertain. I will have to have a dig around on their website as was hoping to get over for this years one but didn't pan out. My HMVF attendence has been a lot less this year due to travelling for work.

Sorry Mike,

I forgot you were overseas. Guess the news slipped by you. As far as we know at present the event has two more years at Folkestone racecourse, so hope you can make it next year. There were a good number of Aussies visiting this year.

cheers Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Well I guess it is game over for myself and the Acmat. I paid upfront 5200 quid to have a vehicle completed in a VCT format for the 2014 War and Peace show. Now almost a year and a half later only an small percentage of the agreed work has been done and I am told the 5200 quid is gone and with well over 20k sunk into it I give up.

So I am looking to see if someone is interested in what is there who may want a project

Below is the specification of work with what has not been done/not done if someone wants to pursue finishing it as a VCT

Specification of Work

Client - Michael Trinidad

Vehicle - ACMAT

Aim of Work

To restore the vehicle to a first class condition in order for the client to use it for showing (with a view to displaying it at War and Peace in July 2014).

To convert the vehicle to VCT format.

To prepare the vehicle for Australian road trip.

Overall Requirements

Transportation from Cambs to Rustytrucks premises and delivery on completion (TBC).

Unpack check and catalogue all loose items. - not complete

Steam clean throughout. - not complete

Blast clean and prime where appropriate to ensure any rust does not worsen. - not complete

Refurbish cab exterior fabricating and fitting new patches panels and other items as appropriate. - not complete

Refurbish cab interior including patching firewall holes, modifying seat boxes, fitting ex. BMW seats (including provision of 12v supply) and replacing heater with correct type. - not complete

Rebuild/refurbish cab doors and re-fit. - not complete

Refurbish windscreen and cab windows. - not complete

Repair refurbish and refit fit new front mudguards, tread areas and inner panels. - not complete

Fabricate and fit new rear mudguards and refurbish and replace air electrical and hydraulic connection boxes. - not complete

Refurbish and refit front and rear bumpers and related items. - not complete

Refurbish and refit bonnet, access hatches, light mountings and mirrors. - not complete

Refurbish/fabricate and fit

Battery box and step assembly - not complete

Jerrycan holders - not complete

Spare wheel mount/step - not complete

Centre box

- not complete

Front bumper toolbox - not complete

Remove existing rollbar assembly.

Remove existing rear body.

Fabricate complete new VCT command type rear bodywork and fit. - not complete

Refurbish winch including check and refurbish/replace winch rope if required. - not complete

Fit wing mounted air cleaner, fabricating new fittings and piping as required. - not complete

Fit new lights all round. - not complete

Fabricate and upholster 2+1 rear seats for rear cab. - not complete

Refurbish/modify roof frame. - not complete

Double up fuel tanks by converting existing centre water tank to carry fuel. - not complete

Source and fit canvas folding roof. - not complete

Re-instate/repair/refurbish:

Braking system - not complete

Electrical system - not complete

Cooling system - not complete

Steering system - not complete

Wheels and tyres - not complete

Exhaust system - not complete

Ancilliary equipment; wipers, washers etc. I will bring the Pinzgauer tank and washer nozzles - not complete

Check and replenish as required all main assembly lubricants. - not complete

Grease all greasing points. - not complete

Provide new badging. - not complete

Source and fit any CES items (eg shovel, towchain). - not complete

Paint vehicle and appropriate major items to original specification. (sand colour) - not complete

Test and adjust all running gear and road test. - not complete

If you look through this thread the huge amount of new spare parts can go with the truck