Welbike # 3088 restoration

jmyakovich

I have included some photos of the restoration of my welbike, I recieved it from a friend who had ridden it as a teenager back in the 50's ( he is 72 now ), he got it from the uncle of a friend who brought it back to the U.S. at the end of the war.

It had the original tires, and we managed to remove the rear original inner tube without any damage, in mint condition, it still even holds air !

The engine was not siezed, the magneto still made spark and as you can see from the photos still has the original seat cover.

100_0144.JPG

100_0148.jpg

100_0152.jpg

100_0153.jpg

100_0177.jpg

Edited by jmyakovich

• 2 months later...

as of this point, The entire welbike has been taken apart and bead blasted, I am currently awaiting the correct carburetor and engine parts to do a total rebuild, being a mechanic by trade makes this whole thing somewhat like putting a giant (all be it expensive ! ) model kit.

I hope to have the entire restoration done some time in early in 2014, waiting on some spare income and a little bit of time ! I have also recently aquired a 1963 willys jeep cj5 that need a touch or two of help...( Im thinking army green heeehee )

Sounds good. If you need any engine parts i recommend Villiers Services. They have virtually every villiers part. They had everything i needed for my welbike and they know pretty much everything to do with the engines. Also the prices are surprisingly good.

http://www.villiersservices.co.uk/

Ignor their online catalogue, it is only a fraction of what they have.