hello everyone

David Ives

hi

my name is david ives and i have recently got myself a series 3 ex mod landrover 18ka57

im currently restoring it to its former glory

i live in eastbourne and will be showing the 109 at a few local shows this year

i was in the british army but im not saying which lot as dont want to upset anyone as a new member

hi

my name is david ives and i have recently got myself a series 3 ex mod landrover 18ka57

im currently restoring it to its former glory

i live in eastbourne and will be showing the 109 at a few local shows this year

i was in the british army but im not saying which lot as dont want to upset anyone as a new member

OK, curious now..... (wellcome)

Hi David.

Welcome aboard and nice to see you here, as Joris said, you are amongst some good company here as many folks are ex services and some are in fact on active duty in the middle east. I wish them well.

Best wishes.

Jack.

Absolutely. You have every reason to be at home here - we have a good many ex-servicemen and some serving personnel mixed in with a good bunch of lifelong civvy people. There is little evidence of an "Waltish" behaviour - but plenty of eccentricity. So what more can anyone want? Enjoy the forum.

cheers

Snapper (Mark B)

there is nothing wrong with an Army background, as already said loads on here so you're not alone.

I wasn't a serving member but spent the first part of my life as an Army child & loved it. Army camps are the best playgrounds ever , which is probably where my love for this hobby comes from .

welcome on board

berni

i knew someone would get it :police:

im not sure how to downsize pictures for here yet but if anyone can transfer photo's please let me know

my military service started at winchester then over to chichester back in 1984

i mainly served with 156 at colchester and also served with 158 and 150

i ended up a full screw and made a mistake which cost me my career as had a choice sign on the dotted line or go for court marshal ;-) ;-) guess which i went for

well i still had to do reserve time and finished that in dec

nowadays i drive coaches and have a family so owning a 109 was a dream come true

the first trip for the landrover will be laughton so will probably see a few of you there

Hi David,

and welcome to the forum, my father was at Colchester or so he mentioned once, but in those days he was busy `whitewashing heaps of coal`only for the Sgt. to move a piece, spot some black so he had to shovel it into another heap and start whitewashing again,

My only voluntary clash with the `redcaps` was a frequent (after hours) chase from Bulford to Tidworth across country me ( the innocent one) on an unregistered Triumph Tiger Cub, the true villains (MP`s ) in a 850 mini they nearly caught me on several occasions but thats another story :-D

So is your landie marked up as MP or are you choosing something else.

If someone called Jack crosses your path `cuff im` and tell him to get a real mans vehicle :roll: :roll: :pfrt: :pfrt:

Ashley