Any thoughts on these helmets?

tokarev

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/British-Army-Military-Tank-Helmet-Full-Complete-Set-RARE-With-Communications-/160895708592?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item257621adb0

Brand new if you can get them sent to the USA

D&J

Thought about using these with my Ferret - are these helmets compatible with the Clansman intercom sets ? Seems like a decent price.

http://www.ima-usa.com/review/product/list/id/118/category/103/

I stand to be corrected but I don't believe any helmet would be appropriate for Ferret with Clansman.

When Clansman went out to the armoured divisions around 1980, Ferret's role amounted to being officially the rover for the CO and in fact the rover for the RSM, because whereas both had given their career to the regiment, the CO had the final word and could swap his Ferret (giving a degree or armour protection whilst visiting the sabre troops at the sharp end) for the RSM's more comfortable Land Rover. There were also Mark 1s used as rebros in RAC and I imagine other combat and combat support units. As far as I can recall after 30 years, as Regimental Signals Storeman, I never had helmets on the books for Ferrets: crews used (and believe me we preferred to use) beret and headset (unless I am very much mistaken, the nicely comfortable Staff User Headgear).

These were all Mark 1s: the only requirement for Mark 2s by then being the UNFICYP Force Reserve Squadron and the Sovereign Base Armoured Car Squadron and Northern Ireland. In NI, the helmet would serve no ballistically-protective purpose: we wore our regimental navy blue berets. In UNFICYP we wore the UN blue beret for obvious reasons and whenever we met our colleagues from the Sovereign Base Areas, they also wore their usual regimental berets.