Webley Mk6

Graham

I would like to know peoples opinion on the following. As some will know the recent deactivated Webley Mk6 has a small tube welded inside the cylinder - I was wondering about gluing the tips of bullets into the appropriate places and also gluing the detonator ends into the other part of the cylinder (having removed the extractor spring) all to look as if the revolver was loaded. Would this invalidate the deactivation certificate? Obviously I do not intend to wander around the streets with the weapon.

Any comments?

Normally the cylinder chambers have to be bored out. I do have a Smith & Wesson 200 that has been deaced and the chamber has solid ends so look like bullets. I also cut down some non primered .38 cases to fill the other end.

That would be my advice, I have a few Enfield revolvers done like this. The dummy bullets are welded in from the hidden end prior to the ring being welded into the cylinder. I then added some fired .38 short blanks which fit on top of the ring.

My understanding is that there shouldn't be a problem with the deactivation status as long as only the inert bullets are modified, not the gun. I would personally secure them with something like Blu-Tack rather than glue so they are easily removable should someone official wish to inspect it.