churchill tanks

lenseye

001.jpgHello

My main interest in this site will be gleaning any information I can about Churchill tanks that fought from Normandy through France,Belgium ,Holland & on down into the Ardennes into the Reischwald forest.

My father drove a MK1V A22 Churchill named Billericay during this phase of WW11 attatched to 153 Reg. "B" squadron

8 Troop.

Any one who may have any knowledge regarding this please feel free to contact me,facts seem to be a bit sparse in this area.

I thought i'd attatch a photo (the only one I have) of my father's tank he is on far right looking at photoimg005.jpgHis is the top photo

The second photo is of his brother (bottom left) crew.

The bottom is of his brothers squadron.

It would be interesting if anyone out there recognises any of these men.

img002.jpg

Edited by lenseye
To add images & information.

• 2 weeks later...
Cannot help with the history but I am working on restoring a Churchill if you want to have a look.

Hello John

Many thanks for your interest in my thread/post.

I attempted to "have a look" at your tank as suggested but only got 3 pages of adverts for tools from a well known internet selling site.

I'd still like to see your snaps though.

Regards

Jim Chapman (aka lenseye)

• 2 years later...

apologies for resurrecting a very old post, but this page is how I found this forum. the 3rd picture showing 8 troop also has my grandfather in it, he is pictured bottom left, Lance corporal Earnest Turner. I believe this picture was taken sometime around Christmas 1944 and my identical copy has a list of all the names on the back also, and after doing some research at the IWM found that lots more pictures of the regiment were taken at the same although none as good or clear as this.

If this post finds you I would be really interested in chatting I have loads of stuff on both the 153rd Regiment and the 147th Regiment RAC if you are

Edited by trooperjim

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
apologies for resurrecting a very old post, but this page is how I found this forum. the 3rd picture showing 8 troop also has my grandfather in it, he is pictured bottom left, Lance corporal Earnest Turner. I believe this picture was taken sometime around Christmas 1944 and my identical copy has a list of all the names on the back also, and after doing some research at the IWM found that lots more pictures of the regiment were taken at the same although none as good or clear as this.

If this post finds you I would be really interested in chatting I have loads of stuff on both the 153rd Regiment and the 147th Regiment RAC if you are

Hi trooper jim

My father was a tank commander in 153, 147 and 107 and is also shown in the photos - name Lou Levene.

Would love to hear what you have on the above regiments. Please email levene@btinternet.com

Peter