The sexiest POST WAR ARMOUR

ian2b

Wellllllllllllllllll

I rather like the Bradley AFV and I guess the Leopard 2 isn't bad. The Israeli Marklara comes to mind as does the Swedish "S"Tank.

Then of course there's the Centurion and lets not forget the Conqueror.

Fox's are good as they're quick as are ferrets.

But I have to stick with the quirkiness of the Saladin as my main choice but with the CVRT range coming a close second and if money and space is no object then it would be a Challenger 2

Do you mean "Merkava" ???

Glad you had the "S" tank in there. Saw them many years ago in action (exercise!!) - weird and wonderful things..... Didn't think any found their way into private hands though????

Thanks for the correction Neil ..........I had a nagging doubt that I had got it wrong

Glad you had the "S" tank in there. Saw them many years ago in action (exercise!!) - weird and wonderful things..... Didn't think any found their way into private hands though????

I remember seeing photos of a load of them lined up somewhere after they'd been sold for scrap. I think there is one in the Littlefield collection, I don't know if anyone else managed to get hold of one though.

Chris

I remember seeing photos of a load of them lined up somewhere after they'd been sold for scrap. I think there is one in the Littlefield collection, I don't know if anyone else managed to get hold of one though.

Chris

Though not a private collection, but i know that Bovy has a running example of one of these.

Ashley

WOW :-o Clive that is one nice bit of kit there, assuming it is your's

Yup that was at the RAC Centre Bovington 2001 reunion of the Para Sqn RAC 25 years after disbandment. There was a group photo later with Gen Sir Mike Jakson sat in front of the Hornet.

Bovy have an S Tank. Love the Bat-M style radar unit - where was it??

Sexy PW armour: Saladin, M113, Achzarit APC (Israeli built based on T55 used by the Golani Brigade, The BTR range of eight wheeler apcs, PT76, M551 Sheridan, Stryker/coyote, the new FV430 Bulldog looks like an Israeli Zelda upgrade M113, any of the big French armoured cars.