If you love land rovers then don't look at this.

northrecce

These are Otokar produced vehicles in Turkey photographed recently.

I think they were on this forum in another post about 6 months ago or less.

I understand the mindset is that it was easier to destroy them all than deal with "military kit" going out into the public domain.

Part of it is a poloiticalpressure from other vehicle manufacturers not liking seeing their potential customers for new vehicles scoop up useful practical vehicles second hand. his happened at the end of the second world war also.

It is sadly the trend of governments around the world to scrap rather than sell off kit.

R

This has just popped up on the land rover world facebook page . Has anyone got any info to the demise of these perfectly good looking 110's 127's and hi-caps?

Judging by the white number plates (blanked out) which are on front and back of some vehicles, they would not appear to be British Army ones. Could be wrong though. :undecided:

Beaten to it !

Edited by Richard Farrant
answered whilst I posted

Judging by the white number plates (blanked out) which are on front and back of some vehicles, they would not appear to be British Army ones. Could be wrong though. :undecided:

Beaten to it !

warranty claim !!

Vaguely reminiscent of MVS at Litchfield when they were shunting long rows of Series Landrovers :shocked:

For those who never saw it MVS (Military Vehicle Spares, the then agent for MOD disposals) had literally hundreds of LRs stored bumper to tailgate in long rows on the airfield. When someone said 'I want that one in the middle' out would come the shunter - a poor LR adorned with tyres front and back to move the whole lot at once. If they were lucky the row would keep straight...

Edited by N.O.S.

MVS was 50:50 owned by Leaversley International (just down the road at Lichfield) and Marshall (Cambridge) , ISTR their involvement was something to do with loss of a ambulance contract (Pinzgauer portal axles could function in a Balkan winter).

Arguably - MVS disposed of the S3 fleet and spares in a efficent manner for the tax payer , possibly no longer the case , presently a fork truck is used under the chassis LoL