Humber Head Light Wiring Question

thedawnpatrol

Hello Guys

Continuing with the wiring of my Humber and following the Original Wiring diagram, it shows a Lucas 'Horn Dipper Switch' which i have, but it also shows only 2 wires leading to the headlight, one the feed, the other an earth.................

how could it be dipped ? what am i missing here ? i presume this is the same on most WW2 British vehicles ?

Cheers

Jules

Possibly, but then why would they show a dip switch in the 1942 wiring diagram..........? if i could scan the diagram in i will post it.

Jules

the dip switch is there for early vehicles , so they could switch off one headlight , is the same in MW wiring diagram .

Ah, yes, looking at the diagram in more detail i can now see that the Nearside light was permenantly on when switched, where as the off side could be 'dipped' off completly................ with the lamps being single filliment.

SO as this is original would this pass an MoT ?

Having said that i suppose i really need to wire it with double filliment lamps, but i would like to use the original 'Dipper' switch as the 'new' high / low beam switch, can anyone come up with a simple diagram on here of how this could be achieved ?

Thanks all

Jules