Bedford RL GS Cargo with Mine Cab

retriever

I have recently bought a Bedford RL with a Mine Cab, it is in fairly good condition but the engine was seized and the usual electrics U/s and brakes not working. We removed the cab and replaced the engine with one I bought a couple of years ago which runs really nice. New brake pipes and I have brakes, but the drums will have to be removed and everything cleaned. Replacment dynamo and control box and the main lighting switch stripped and cleaned and only one bulb blown. Looks like the only job to be farmed out is trimming the seats to a local coachtrimmer £150 seems resonable.

The log book says date into service 1966 but was this built as a mine cab or conversion of an earlier GS cargo. Chassis no 6838048 RAF reg no 10AT83.

Brakes are fitted with both Air and Vaccuum for trailers.

Information and pictures of these would be gratefully received

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi

what a lovely looking truck, we had two Bedford RL Mine Cabs at the Museum a GS which was used at the army school of mechanical transport Leconfield and a bowser which came from Larnica Cyprus this one was painted all red and had United Nations markings applied to it.

Regards

Wally

What a great looking truck but how do you get into the cab ? it looks one hell of a climb up, well done :saluting:

Thee is a knack to it but once mastered not to bad, there is a rollover frame overhead to hang onto and swing into the drivers seat.