Military Odyssey 25th, 26th & 27th August

http://www.military-odyssey.com/

Anyone going?? We stopped going to this one a few years back due to the attitude of the management, lack of MV's & Stallholders..

Giving it a go again this year as now under New Management. A friend of ours, James Aslett has bought the show, he is attracting the Stallholders, Living History & MV owners back.. Let's hope James can turn the show around & back to what it was a few years back..

Went a few years back to see the restored Jagdpanthers first outing but not been since as I'm not really that into the living history side ! Previous threads about the show have put me off going again as I really only enjoy the vehicles and they seemed to have taken a back seat at this event ! I look forward to your reports Lee and Tony ! :D

Andy it was never intended to be a vehicle show. It is a multi period living history re-enactors show. The vehicles are props in the scenarios.

Hi Tony , I do appreciate that mate , thats why I doubt I'll go ! Not a reflection on the show just my own preference ! Having said that when my son is a little older I will probably take him along to the show to give him an insight in to the history of warfare as part of his worldly education ! I still look forward to your photos of this years show mate ! Have a fun packed weekend ! :D

Hi Tony , I do appreciate that mate , thats why I doubt I'll go ! Not a reflection on the show just my own preference ! Having said that when my son is a little older I will probably take him along to the show to give him an insight in to the history of warfare as part of his worldly education ! I still look forward to your photos of this years show mate ! Have a fun packed weekend ! :D

As already mentioned , there has been some disquiet over the organisation. However 'Under New Management'. It's one of the best grounds in Kent to hold an event, so hopefully the Phonix effect will occur. :-D

Just got back from a great 4 days at MO.. James looks like he can turn the show around & get it back to how the show used to be.. without the attitude of the former management.

Everyone we spoke to at the show commented how relaxed it was & even the attitude of the marshals has changed.

Facilities where very good, clean toilets & hot shows.. Evening entertainment & venue first class..

James has plans for the show which I'm sure will become apparent in due course.. well worth giving the show a try whether you are a new exhibitor or one that used to go in the past.

Sorry no photos.. forgot my camera :(

I agree, my best ever Odyssey!

Much more relaxed, an altogether better atmosphere! More MVs would be good (there's a lot of room that could be used for static displays) and let's hope the stalls return to the show.

Well done to all concerned - a brave move by Chelmsford Militaria which I hope will pay off!

I got back last night and have to echo the feedback, great show and very relaxed. I do sit in the Living History and MV owner camp though so works for me.

We plan on going next year with more of the team and maybe another vehicle, I will update our site with photos and share the links

There was trouble with the bogs! On Monday morning, Jame's team were over it like a rash , giving Kent Showground who have the cleaning contract a very hard time. I enjoyed the show and the new team are intrested in everybodys ideas to get things going. I did raise the matter of vehicles they were quite open to having more. Evening entertainment on Saturday night was an impromptu Ho Down by the Confederates on the steps of the Air Soft stand. Brilliant fun.

I did not go due to a dis agreement with the previous organisers, much along the same lines as others have said.

It seems the new organisers are doing the right things, and 99% of the comments I have read on MO have been positive.

I reckon the new organisers really have to push the show for next year, let people know there are new organisers and they are listening.

I do agree though, MO is a living history show and not a MV show so can understand thier reluctance to let in to many jeeps/land rovers. Would be nice to see them allow all mv's, after all, the site is huge, from what I remember.

Must admit, I used to really enjoy MO, liked the site/stalls/living history and it had the best beer tent ive ever been in at a show.