Pictures of Humber Pig Belfast 1973

Strangely Brown

Hi guys

I think these are the last of my NI pics (and a few besides) I will check further to make sure there are no more that I haven't posted.

Looking at the background building, I think this one was taken in Germany as well as the ones below, and not in NI.

landrover06_zpsvnkeqefg.jpg

These four are of, I think, the first Lightweight we got in Germany - certainly an early one as you can see from the headlight position. It was the MTO's truck!

lw03_zpsiyczgctg.jpg

lw04_zpsxrclwatg.jpg

lw01_zpspjqriwjv.jpg

lw02_zpsf6vnfwu7.jpg

Chris

Edited by chrisgrove

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops; I don't think I've posted this one. Fort Monagh in Andersonstown again, but this one did not belong to us. Memory suggests ut belonged to some RMPs who were billeted with us;

landrover-03_zpsr0wmbzps.jpg

Chris

28GB35 - seems a CL , some had civvy bonnet spare wheel mount , this must have used the std. tub mount. No military bonnet catches , seems not dished , civvy plastic trim surrounding headlamps , no bumperettes - yet it otherwise has MOD spec. light fittings (often they had civvy plastic) .

I like the photographs of Rover 1 38FG15 , do you know the approx. year taken ? The earliest I knew of DP over original DBG was 1971 (and it was spray shaded , it always looked well) .

Sorry Ruxy. I cannot be more precise than to say it must have been between early 1971 and Aug 1973. Albuhera Barracks Werl, if it interests you, (aka Stadtwald Camp 6) though actually the Annexe across the road where our vehicles were kept. Now sold and used as a leisure centre (Having a golf course and ice rink inherited from the Canadians).

Chris

• 1 year later...