Well done to Harry ...

Comes close just fill up on our cheap(ish) fuel and tax free goods, it still doesnt equal out but means a cheaper first month back in UK.

I do appologize for semi hijacking this thread and to add insult i have not even said well done to Harry, so well done mate i hope you have a long and touble free motoring life ahead of you.

Edited by mash
appology

Well done to my Son Harry for passing his driving test.. not so well done to the Insurance companies..

It's just cost him £3,500 to get his first car insured, only a 1.4 Fiesta.. some quotes were more than double that.

To get it as low as he could he used http://www.ingenie.com/?gclid=CP2npvHCq7ACFUxlfAodIiWdXg & has to have a Black Box fitted to monitor his driving.. He also had to add me as a named driver to get cover. Having a posted code almost on top of J28 M25 didn't help..

No wonder there are more teenagers than ever driving with no Insurance whith premiums like that...

Holy s**t that is expensive ! I'd better get saving up for my sons first premium now (he's only 10). Well done to Harry on passing his test. I hope he enjoys his motoring and the freedom and opportunities it will present :)

Well done,

I can't understand insurance at all, my car (a ford focus) costs twice as much to insure fully comp as my spartan!

(The matador is about 1/8th the cost of the car!)

Granted there is a limited milage on the spartan but still...

Finding someone that would insure me at 23 on the spartan was tricky though, most companies said 25 and a few said 30!

The odd thing being you can hold the required tracked vehicle licence from 21

Mike

That may be so but when he was getting online quotes & ticked the female box the quotes dropped..

We did that one yesterday after I picked his car up for him as he was at work.. he took me for a short drive.. 20 miles later..

That sound about right. 'I just need to nip to the shop....'- 'I'll do it Dad,Dad let me get it for you..' Twelve hours and hundred miles later...

:D

Well done Harry! My nipper was quoted 24k @ 18yrs old on an old p regd 2.0tdi vectra with 200,000 on clock value of about 300 quid scrap! But he could crash the ol teka into a Bentley costing the ins hundreds of thousands to fix!

First time I heard of your insurance quotes on top great I was flabbergasted. Now it seems to have gone up still!

No such prices here, even for the very young drivers. I was lucky, my first car was a company car :)

@lee. Well done Harry!

@tony. What did the insurance guy say after he heard what his day job was?

Three cheers for Harry, but that insurance price is incredible. How on earth do they expect a kid to afford that?

I remember my own first insurance way back in 1977. I bought a Mk1 Cortina 1500GT for £120 and it cost me £80 for a year TPFT. I thought it was bad at the time but it was nothing compared to £3500 for a fiesta.