We started to read up on Ethanol if fuel and decided to do something about it.

So we added Ethomix to the fuel tank of our Ferret and started it up a few hours later - amazing difference! idles and runs like a different machine.

The tickover is smoother a lot more consistent!

D&J

• 2 weeks later...
I'm toying with getting some to put in my green goddess, so glad to hear that it seems to work! Any issues with adding this when I already use Castrol Valvemaster as well - are they compatable?

Duncan.

I wonder if Valvemaster or any other lead additive is essential in a military engine? Consdering the milage they do and the low octane rating they are designed for

In the RR B series we don't actually need a lead replacement additive. I'm wondering about giving the ethomix ago though, expecially due to the limited mileage I'm doing, and the amount of time petrol will be in the tank.

http://www.frost.co.uk/protect-your-vehicle-against-ethanol

Diana and Jackie, is it still running well?

Cheers

MT

Hi,

Yes took it out this weekend and it runs better than ever. Interested to hear how anyone else gets on with ethomix

D&J

In the RR B series we don't actually need a lead replacement additive. I'm wondering about giving the ethomix ago though, expecially due to the limited mileage I'm doing, and the amount of time petrol will be in the tank.

http://www.frost.co.uk/protect-your-vehicle-against-ethanol

Diana and Jackie, is it still running well?

Cheers

MT

FBHVC endorsements announced for five products proven to protect against corrosive nature of ethanol in petrol, but warns of remaining ethanol problems for classic car owners.

The Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs has concluded its test of a number of products claiming to “provide a high level of protection against potential corrosion of fuel systems, including tanks, pipework and fuel metering equipment on historic vehicles caused by the addition of ethanol into petrol.” Test conditions simulated up to 12 months storage of ethanol-added fuel in a vehicle fuel tank.

FBHVC Chairman, Chris Cunnington commented: “We’ve highlighted problems caused by the addition of ethanol to petrol since 2008 and are very pleased the results of this recent research has shown such a positive result. However, while these products provide protection against corrosion the remaining problems of compatibility and combustion still need to be addressed.”

The five products endorsed with the FBHVC’s ‘A’ rating are (click on each for their website)

Miller VSPe Power Plus

Miller VSPe

Miller EPS

Frost Ethomix

Flexolite Ethanolmate

Hello

I've bought some Miller EPS. Surprised that one 250ml bottle treats just 40 litres. The ethomix treats 250. So even though the EPS is £7.00 it works out much more expensive in the long run then the ethomix.

Anyway, a show in the ferret this weekend so I will give the eps a go, and I've just ordered some ethomix for next time.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170843538601?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Cheers

Matt

Hello

I've bought some Miller EPS. Surprised that one 250ml bottle treats just 40 litres. The ethomix treats 250. So even though the EPS is £7.00 it works out much more expensive in the long run then the ethomix.

Anyway, a show in the ferret this weekend so I will give the eps a go, and I've just ordered some ethomix for next time.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170843538601?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Cheers

Matt

About 50 miles done this weekend on the millers EPS (although I had about 60-70 litres in the tank, not the 40 litres specified to the amount the EPS treats.) although the ferret was running well, I couldn't tell any obvious difference with the additive in.

Ethomix on order.

Matt

• 9 years later...

I have been watching this subject of Ethanol  E5  & E10 for quite a while and presently there is too much conflicting info. from UK motoring clubs & RAC + AA against reports from users of E10 in Europe and USA.  The opinion I have come to is wait 18 months and review , the greatest risk is to carburetters and petrol tanks (rusting) , vehicles laid up over minter.  I would say prior drain tank and lines/carb.  or heavy dose with chemical additives.

I have started using Wynns   Lead Substitute with Fuel Stabiliser ,  ONLY because it is the only one I have Gooooogled up giving protection to E20  (so belt and braces) .  I understand it does also give protection to cork (apparently according to some claims Ethanol will rot natural cork) , plastics and rubber.  On the added protection I wish Wynns would be more specific in plain English, but it is now September and my local travels indicate few garages stocking Super grade E5