Austin Champ Registration

Hi All

I own a 1954 Austin Champ which is on a 1969 Registration plate, can i get the Champ a 1954 Registration plate, and if so can you tell me wot i will need to do ?

Regards Tony

DVLA will re register a vehicle on an age related plate if you can provide verification of the year of manufacture of the Champ, contact the Austin Champ owners club, who could help.

http://www.austinchamp.com/

Edited by Nick Johns

Contact the MVT verification officer. He can provide suitable verification for DVLA.

That'll be me then

Go to the MVT website find the verification tab, fill in the online form and that will start the process

If you are an MVT member the sevice is free, if not there is a charge

• 2 months later...
Try the RLC museum to se eif they have the service record for the vehicle. That will also give age related info.

The RLC museum doesn't have any service information for Champs. Someone at Chilwell many years ago decided that no-one would possibly want such information and destroyed all the record cards. They had certainly been destroyed prior to 1974.

Unfortunately, the RLC museum levy a non-returnable fee just to look and tell you that they have no records of Champs.

My Champ had a 1968 (F) registration and my local DVLA office were most helpful in assisting with getting a "dateless" number appropriate to 1954. They suggested that it had been incorrectly registered in 1968 with the year of application rather than the year of manufacture. To change it was free too! (then).

The Austin Champ Owners Club is is registered on the DVLA V765/1 list of Vehicle Owners Clubs so can do your age verification. The vehicle number will usually indicate the year and approximate month of manufacture.

Andy 58 BE 88

Edited by 58 BE 88

Shame, as the 69 registration is part of the vehicles history, that is it was the number given when in civilian hands after its Military use and part of the vehicles life. It is sometimes an indication of how long that particular vehicle was in military service.

However it is up to the owner !