Introduction from new member in Surrey

Hi there,

I have just acquired a Land Rover 101 GS (12v RHD) and this will be my first military vehicle, although I am not new to Land Rovers themselves. I have joined the 101 Club for their invaluable support.

I have always had a soft spot for the 101, plus I am particularly interested in the later period of Cold War history, the British Army On the Rhine and vehicles of that period.

I live near Guildford in Surrey and plan to visit the War & Peace show this year with my colleague's teenage son tagging along for the ride.

I am sure I will have lots of questions as I find more about my vehicle's service history and look forward to your advice and expertise.

best wishes

Mark

Hi there,

I have just acquired a Land Rover 101 GS (12v RHD) and this will be my first military vehicle, although I am not new to Land Rovers themselves. I have joined the 101 Club for their invaluable support.

I have always had a soft spot for the 101, plus I am particularly interested in the later period of Cold War history, the British Army On the Rhine and vehicles of that period.

I live near Guildford in Surrey and plan to visit the War & Peace show this year with my colleague's teenage son tagging along for the ride.

I am sure I will have lots of questions as I find more about my vehicle's service history and look forward to your advice and expertise.

best wishes

Mark

Hello Mark

A very warm welcome to the forum. I also own a 101 (and a ferret) and love it (and the ferret) :-) In fact I've been out in them both today :-) (incidentally, to the petrol station in the 101, then to the pub)

I'm also in the 101 club and have just sent a cheque off to Les (the club historian) for him to apply for the military history, I thought I might as well do it through the club. (The details are in the six stud magazine)

Are you the buyer of the Pitlochry 101? If not, which one have you got? Mine is a RHD GS 12v too

Cheers

Matt

Hi Matt,

I have bought 73 FL 76, which came from Reading.

I must send a cheque to Les too for my vehicle's service record.

cheers

Mark

Hello Mark

A very warm welcome to the forum. I also own a 101 (and a ferret) and love it (and the ferret) :-) In fact I've been out in them both today :-) (incidentally, to the petrol station in the 101, then to the pub)

I'm also in the 101 club and have just sent a cheque off to Les (the club historian) for him to apply for the military history, I thought I might as well do it through the club. (The details are in the six stud magazine)

Are you the buyer of the Pitlochry 101? If not, which one have you got? Mine is a RHD GS 12v too

Cheers

Matt