Anyone know this tug?

Masseyboy89

..I have a few pics of an existing one I have been offered out of the blue, is it worth having?...

Only if you fancy 'adopting' it, Simon - or want to move it on at a modest profit :cheesy:

I would certainly be interested in giving it a home, although I cannot identify it. But then I tend to collect oddball whacky things :-D

If it might become available please pm me.

Tony

I can't find a Clark design quite like it, Gordon. The 1920s and 30s tugs were certainly different. Then it was into the Clarkats and Clarktors. Note this one has had much smaller modern wheels fitted.

The photo of the 'Heroes' and Liberators road train came from an employee of the Mercury company - was there a U.S. company by this name as well as the UK one, as again I cannot find any Mercury tugs other than the UK ones which were quite different?

Only if it stops raining though ! :D

It's lost it's original rear wheels, may as well put tracks on then....:cool2:

There is a lot of sense in getting one of these or summat like it, a lot of fun can be had with them and you can put it on a trailer behind a modern motor to get to shows further afield when taking the big stuff might be too much trouble.

Edited by gritineye

The photo of the 'Heroes' and Liberators road train came from an employee of the Mercury company - was there a U.S. company by this name as well as the UK one, as again I cannot find any Mercury tugs other than the UK ones which were quite different?

Hi Tony,

The "Heroes" tug is a Pettibone Mercury, built in the USA.

regards, Richard

I was thinking Clarcat I'm sure, as mine was a Clarktor Six H.

Anyway - nice item. If it is complete, grab it, if not, probably not worth it. Like all traction stuff it'll be a lot heavier than it looks, so although size wouldn't be an import factor, weight might be.

Not much chance of finding big parts if missing though.

My thought is that it would be worth about what it would cost you to get it home. But don't let that stop you having fun - or contacting me!!

I thought at first it was a strange thing to have in a bar, but I see now it is an Eaton transmission dealer's counter - I hope the poor driver hasn't been waiting all these years for the store man to fetch his parts! :cool2: