pre 1960 Vehicle's exempt from MOT/ HGV

Maybe a silly question but, many of us drive our pre 1960 vehicles with no MOT or HGV because they were built before 1960, my MV was built in 1942 and was de-mobbed in 68 when it was road registered hence the 'E' prefix number plate, the log book states first registration as 1968. So if I were to be pulled by VOSA/Police and questions are asked, how do I prove otherwise or is it on record at DVLA that it was built in 1942 and the Police/VOSA would know this after a PNC check?

The details should show up on the PNC/DVLA Database if you get pulled over. You can check if the details are registered correctly with the DVLA

Online vehicle enquiries

You can use this service to check certain information that DVLA holds on its database about a vehicle including:

• year of manufacture
  • date of first registration
  • engine capacity
  • colour
  • expiry date of the current tax disc or SORN declaration
  • vehicle excise duty rate

https://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/app/home/intro

If registered correctly you could print of the results to keep with you.

I'm 7500kg, just put my details on the DVLA web site and the vehicle was not found, more interesting is I put the registration of a friends vehicle again made in 42, registered in 68 and DVLA web site has it listed as manufactured in 68 hmmm....

I'm 7500kg, just put my details on the DVLA web site and the vehicle was not found, more interesting is I put the registration of a friends vehicle again made in 42, registered in 68 and DVLA web site has it listed as manufactured in 68 hmmm....

Best to give them a ring or pop down to your local office..

Is it currently taxed (or Sorned)? If not it might be off their radar. I have the same thing with a tractor, not been on the road in years, but I have the V5 (albeit old)