MV noise levels

Mark

Is this why americans are always shouting in war films :-D

We had a noise assesment done on our work trucks a while back, and even though they have nee nahs, and whoo whoo's they were still quieter than a few wartime MV's I've been in, especially if they had genuine WW2 transmission whines and rumbles....

Is this why americans are always shouting in war films :-D

We had a noise assesment done on our work trucks a while back, and even though they have nee nahs, and whoo whoo's they were still quieter than a few wartime MV's I've been in, especially if they had genuine WW2 transmission whines and rumbles....

Thought you lost your nee nahs on the last outing.. ;-)

• 10 months later...

Clive I wonder if you might do a some reading on the vehicles that some of the members on that side of the pond have ? the link was interesting but only applied to latest equipment .So how will the older 40's -70's compare :computerterror:

Stick a db meter in the Ferret at 60mph & it would probably go off the scale :schocked:

When I used to go and feed the sows and take a db meter in with me I use to record readings of around 128/9 db :schocked:

Wish I had of kept that meter :cry:

We won't even ask what you were doing to make them to squeal that much :whistle:

Eh? speak up My hearing 's not what it used to be . could have been all those loud concerts of my misspent youth or the time I worked in a tin knocking shop or the time spent with a chain saw ... never mind I m going driving in my MV pity, I cant hear how bad my shifting is was what ever now a days those cars honking behind me I barely hear em LOL good thing I m getting def

This could be-------> You ....take Care of your hearing now ! once its gone its gone.

And bite to!

Slightly off topic........ i once dared a school friend(?) to feed the school sow by hand, i forgot to feed her at the usual time (mid-dayish) :whistle: and when he trid to feed her she was not at all happy and the kid nearly lost his hand luckily he chickened out after one sow nut, dropped the feed and ran litrally for his life

Ashley

Was steaming through a sunken valley on Exmoor with a bunch on horseback, went round a corner to meet a huge pig in the middle of the track. Never seen so many people off so many horses in one place at one time. :-D I suppose the metal ones could have the same effect :dunno:

I have more pig stories that really should be kept for another night in the Bolero mess tent :whistle: :whistle:

And I will add one of my claim to fames is a pig related one. I will add it to that section a minute.

Back on topic - this is an interesting thought, as I know that my tranmission makes hell of a noise around 23 mph and then goes as soon as you reach 24 mph + here is a meter for sale on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DIGITAL-DAWE-D-1405E-DECIBEL-DB-SOUND-LEVEL-METER_W0QQitem

Z260184802327QQihZ016QQcategoryZ1504QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Trouble is noise is very subjective. As you get older the high frequency end of hearing deteriorates. What I find so annoying is the low frequency bass, some idiot with a 40 foot woofer causing pain at 1/2 a mile. On the plus side the old vehicles talk to you, and being aware of the sound and movement of the vehicle has been shown to increase safety because the driver is more aware of their surroundings.