USAF dodge m37

sim60

Hi am looking for advice/photo`s as i have a usaf dodge m37 1952 which is blue,i have never seen another blue one apart from one in the USA, deos anybody know if all the usaf one`s were blue and if they are what colour canvas did they have as my canvas(not original) is blue.I have been trying to get a new canvas but all the one`s available are green.deos anybody know if blue canvas are available and if so from where.Any help/advice/recommendations would be gratefully recieved.If you just want to chat about m37 that would be great also as they are a bit thin on the ground over here.

Thanks Simon

Most USAF vehicle of the time were painted blue. is should also say "Us Air Force " on the door and have the vehicle number below that.

All blue vhelicles that i have seen have the regular green canvas on them.

My M715 has air force markings on the door, but it is painted a slightly different olive green color. i believe this is because they were used as tactical security vehicles. instead of utility/ light duty transports such as the m37s, which were painted blue

Thanks for that it has usaf on the door with the number below it, i didnot want to spend a lot of money on a green canvas to get told it was wrong and looked odd,i have seen the front canvas foe sale but not the rear deos anybody know where they are available.If anyone has a photo of a blue m37 that would be great.

Thanks Simon

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I normally go onto the Vintage power wagons web site and see what other dodge wc have the same part and then if they match order that from a uk supplier,it worked fine with the two diff seals i needed as a lot of the axle/diff parts are the same.