Hi from Dunsfold

DUNSFOLD

Hi and welcome

I have a question; the Pink Panther you have in your collection, is that an original? and how many of those where build/has survived ?

And good work saving the elefant transporter, that is funny piece of history!!

Cheers Niels

Welcome to the forum!! Would be nice to know your name too, tbh :)

Joris in Land Rover circles, Dunsfold says it all. We know that it is Philip (& together with his father Brian) have built up the worlds largest collection of rare & prototype Land Rovers. They have done more than anyone in the world to promote the preservation & archiving of Land Rover history. I thought I should state the benefit of having such a notable member belong to the forum, I'm sure it is his modesty that restrains him from self promotion.

But there are an awful lot of other people who don't use their name either.

O.K. I will hang up my anorak. We at Dunsfold have been into M.V.s since 1965 when my father along with the likes of Joe Lyndhurst, Nick and Mike Johns, Peter Gray, And a few more attending the early shows in the mid/late 1960s (John Carter days) with what must have been the first 6x6 Dodge in presveration and buying Dingos for £37.50 in lots of 5! yes i have the Ruddington/Ludgershall cats with the prices in. Along came Champs and of course Land Rovers. The Land Rover was my fathers first car in 1950 so they stuck. Dunsfold as a Land Rover business grew from there and is possibly has the largest stock of old and modern parts in the south. Oh yes i forgot we also have a few collectors Landys Around 95 at the moment!. I also have a vast collection of manuals and paperwork for Rovers oh yes i also have a MB Jeep!. Thanks Clive for the wonderfull comments (i am very shy!) also thanks for all the comments on the talk the other day. Sorry it dragged on a bit but 1 min per vehicle x 95 = ?. Right im of to count some rivets now ta ta Philip Bashall.