Hi @ all

Ferret1972

Hi there,

I just want to introduce myself in a few words:)

My name is Christian, aged 39, married and proud father of two boys.

I'm interested in military stuff, especially in vehicles ( that's the reason why I'm here :) ). I own two british vehicles: an exMOD Defender 90 and a Daimler Ferret which I restored myself.

I'm from Germany so my english is not perfect but I try my best :angel:

Thank you all for the warm welcome :)

Here are some pics of the Ferret and the Defender on a sunday trip with my family last summer ( son mk1 in the turret, wife driving the Landy and son mk2 sleeping in his seat next to her) :

9497406eoz.jpg

9497408fzw.jpg

That's the Ferret how it looked like when I bought it:

9497411mce.jpg

My son mk1 a few years ago:

9497412aao.jpg

thats a nice hole the authorities cut in your ferret

Indeed- the german law demands that "tanks" have to be demilitarised in that way. But were're allowed to close the holes with 3mm sheet metal.

18EA09 was originaly a Mk 1/2 but converted to a Mk2 because I prefer the look of the vehicle with the rotating turret. But I have the fixed turret as well so I can rebuilt the Ferret to a MK1/2 if I like to :-)

By the way- if there're in-service pics of 18EA09 please let me know.

@ cossy1

Very nice one !

@ bonnie_scott

Thank you :-)

Restoring the ferret to this condition took me one year plus the time I spent with repairing the faults that occur while driving it. It stood in a junk yard for a couple of years so there were some mechanical damages that wasn't obvious while restoring it :undecided:

And to be true the REME guys that worked on the Ferret while in duty weren't very accurate.

@ griff66

I believe the main problem of the germany goverment isn't the bank robbery issue. They're more afraid that these vehicles could be used to take part in a war :nut:

If I'd like to rob a bank I wouldn't use a Ferret anyway- the police will just have to wait at the next petrol station to arrest me :D