Filming 'Relief of Belsen' in Dorset

OK This time then....

Shuffling of down the road last Sunday morning to take the dogs for a walk throught the woods at the edge of the old cordite factory and look what I found...............

IMG_6658a.jpg

IMG_7027a.jpg

Had to call back home to himself and tell him to 'get here quick and bring our cameras....

IMG_6596.jpg

IMG_6615a.jpg

IMG_6601.jpg

IMG_6605a.jpg

IMG_7026.jpg

IMG_7023.jpg

all going well so far... some interesting snaps and then...........

IMG_7034a.jpg

IMG_7048.jpg

That is a fantastic post, you are flipping lucky to leave next door to that and is that where Bad Lads Army was filmed?

Do you know anymore about what the film is about or who was filming it?

Ok Jack glad you like it. Yes it is the same place as the the last lot of Bad Lads Army was filmed.

On this occasion the film company was 'History in the Making' and I understand it is the story of the relief / liberation of Belsen. I was told that the scene we saw being filmed was of the liberating forces being hit by good old friendly fire !!!

I was also told that it was being filmed for Channel 4. Please notice the careful use of the words "I was Told"

It has been brought to my attention that I have not made it clear that I cannot take full credit for all of the above photographs but that some credit must also be given to Hardyferret. :-(

but mine are the best :-D

and he wouldn't have taken any of them if I hadn't told him what was happening. ;-)

• 9 months later...

Have just seen a trailer for this :-D

it is to be shown on Monday October 15th. Channel 4 at 9.00pm

or

Monday October 15th on Channel 4 + 1 at 10.00pm

http://library.digiguide.com/lib/uk-tv-highlight/The+Relief+of+Belsen-1526/Drama/

Should be worth a squint - and spot the locals and their MV's

A great and lucky find to stumble across , does any one know who's HMV's were there being filmed yet ? shame the film makers didnt get even more MV's to add more to the scene...... vehicles dashing about and so on , who needs actors when you can get lots of great WW2 vehicles !!!

Location is the Old Cordite factory at Holton Heath, Near Wareham in Dorset.

The site was last used as Admiralty Research Establishment.

Had to stop watching the programme............... Woman in the Typhus hospital was to be given an injection, She went mad and attacked the nurse. When a new nurse asked why she reacted so,the reply was the patient thought the injection was benzin - the germans injected them with benzine so they would burn faster

First thoughts. Quite a good coverage on a part of the history of Belsen that I know little about. However, the constant waving around of the camera is really iritating and the constant fast waving of the searchlights in the air is a bit odd. Maybe they should have employed more people with steady hands to hold the damn things still . Not too sure why they would need to keep running the searchlights at high speed over the Kommandanteur?

Tim

Watched it with a mixture of sympathy and horror;

A lot of the newsreel shots, I'd not seen before, OK, they may not have been from the real Bergan-Belsen, ......but harrowing non the less.

The portrayal of the medics was very well done, I thought,....these guys 'dropped' into a hellhole, that they could not have even imagined, and basically told to get on with it,..........start saving lives.

Only the British Army could have allowed the german camp staff to march away, (ok, in vehicles, I know,.........) untouched and in full combat mode. Something I'd not heard or read about, before.

Certainly would buy the dvd, if it becomes available.

*did anyone spot the blooper, though ?? (well, I don't think I imagined it. :whistle:)